• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

best place to park at RayJay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

what lots are the best to park at (price, environment, getting out quickly)  please let me know  ASAP...thanx.  Im thinking about parking in the mall lot...but if you think thats a bad idea let me know

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

There is no good place to park at RJS....  The Parking Nazi's are out and they are truly trained to act like asses!   My group is in fact seriously considering T-shirts that speak out against their Tyranny!  So the answer to your question is, there is no good place to park.  Are there places to park?   yes, but best places? Hell No!  If you tailgate and can drink you can evenyually get a buzz (or a tolerance to their Tyranny!)

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  0

Lot six under the trees. Great time.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

Bulldad we loved that place last year but they did not let us park there last time... They say it now takes some type of donation... It is now a reserved lot... Did you park there for Tenn tech?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Lot 6 under the trees is the best place.  This year you have to enter at lot 8 on himes, but if you get there before about 5:15, they park you under the trees in lot 6.  The line between donors and general parking is right under the trees.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Lot six under the trees. Great time.

I would agree.  Under the trees is the best spot.  For those who have had issues with the "paid unreserved" parking at RJS, here is the scoop. We actually talked to the director of parking for the TSA.

As many of you know, those of us who pay our $7 to park in the south stadium lots at RayJay, were unceremoniously dumped over to the lot closest to Himes in the broiling sun.  My group, normally 6 or 7 cars, purposely arrives at 4pm so we can park under the trees, and enjoy our food and frosty beverages.  We were told by the guy in charge of parking for the TSA, that there is a security issue with cars cris-crossing through the lots, and that is why the switch occurred.  He definitely presented it as a safety concern over everything else.  We were told that going forward, from 4pm to 5 pm, the attendants would let us park underneath the trees again.  At 5pm, the lot closest to Himes would be used.  I guess we'll see how that all plays out tomorrow.  

I would definitely concur with bulldad.  I've been under the trees since day 1, and it is the best environment for tailgating.  

By the way, on a side note, does the mall parking lot have port-a-johns? I've sometimes considered making a move from the RayJay lots to the mall, but the pi$$ers makes it all worth it.

::beersign:  ::toasting::  ::drinker::  ::bottle:  ::sick::

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  85

This week in lot 6 they will only park cars under the trees between 4-5.  After that the nazis will make you roast in the sun!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

This week in lot 6 they will only park cars under the trees between 4-5.  After that the nazis will make you roast in the sun!

Do you guys know for sure that 5:00 is the cutoff?  For TTU, they were still taking cars entering lot 8 and parking them under the trees in lot 6 until about 5:30.

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Mall.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  85

79 BULL---A USF rep told us they would switch things this game.