• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Big East stinks, USF must carry the conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah we really need to work on special teams coverage. Good God.

our coaching is ****.  plain and simple.

CJL got us to the mountain top, but this staff simply hasn't proven that it's ready to get us over the hump.

and we are locked in for 6 more years after the big contract awarded to CJL and the raises to his staff in the offseason.

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

WVU is starting to pay for their emotional choice for a new head coach, as the dew has fallen off that rose.  Rutgers needs some starch to replace Rice, which I think they will after a rebuilding year.Cincinnati is still young, but they're improving and they scare me more than any future opponent.

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

Big East: Yep, it stinks

Three inches.

That's about how far the Big East came from not having a single legitimate BCS title contender after the second week of the season.

South Florida stopped Michael Greco on fourth down by that approximate distance to outlast Central Florida, 31-24, in overtime. If the Bulls had lost, the only undefeated team left in the entire conference would have been Connecticut, which hardly looked national title worthy with a 12-9 overtime win at Temple (though, the weather conditions made it tough on the offenses).

I know they have to do this to make it a little more sensational, but it wasn't a stop at the 3 inch line!  UCF still would have needed to get in the endzone to go to another OT.  So how is it that USF was 3 inches from defeat?

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Big East: Yep, it stinks

Three inches.

That's about how far the Big East came from not having a single legitimate BCS title contender after the second week of the season.

South Florida stopped Michael Greco on fourth down by that approximate distance to outlast Central Florida, 31-24, in overtime. If the Bulls had lost, the only undefeated team left in the entire conference would have been Connecticut, which hardly looked national title worthy with a 12-9 overtime win at Temple (though, the weather conditions made it tough on the offenses).

I know they have to do this to make it a little more sensational, but it wasn't a stop at the 3 inch line!  UCF still would have needed to get in the endzone to go to another OT.  So how is it that USF was 3 inches from defeat?

my thoughts exactly.

the "3 inches" wasn't the difference between a score, it was the difference between a first down...

[the school to the east that will remain unmentioned from now until forever] would still have had to score.

Grutza out minimum of 4 weeks

September 6, 2008 8:28 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett

NORMAN, Okla. -- Cincinnati might be even more interested in the outcome of Ben Mauk's legal case now.

The Bearcats on Saturday lost senior starting quarterback Dustin Grutza to a broken right fibula, which he suffered while being sacked in the second half of the 52-26 loss at Oklahoma. Grutza is out at least a month and maybe the season. A decision on surgery will be made Monday.

Junior backup Tony Pike, who led Cincinnati to a touchdown on the game's final play, now becomes the starter. Of course, the Bearcats can always hold out hope that Mauk, last year's starter who has been denied an extra year of eligibility by the NCAA, will win his court case. He testified Friday in an Ohio court, seeking an injunction against the NCAA.

With the loss of Grutza, and West Virginia's humbling defeat at East Carolina, the Big East race looks more wide open than ever.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigeast/0-1-46/Grutza-out-minimum-of-4-weeks.html

• Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

I was kind of hoping Cincy would have a decent season.  WVU was always a question mark...  Who else is there?  BOOCONN?

Grutza update

Posted by BKoch at 9/6/2008 7:48 PM EDT on Cincinnati.com

Grutza has a fractured right fibula, the bone in his lower leg. According to trainer Bob Mangine, at this point, they don't think surgery will be necessary. The best-case scenario is that he will be back in 3-4 weeks, but Mangine emphasized that's the "best-case" scenario. Grutza was on crutches and wearing a soft cast as he walked out of the locker room.

Link...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah we really need to work on special teams coverage. Good God.

our coaching is ****.  plain and simple.

CJL got us to the mountain top, but this staff simply hasn't proven that it's ready to get us over the hump.

and we are locked in for 6 more years after the big contract awarded to CJL and the raises to his staff in the offseason.

getting usf here is no great achievement

we are in the heart of the best talent  in the world

leavitt looked clueless

our coaches did poorly in so many areas last night

usf  appears to be better than every big east team but  usf will lose some games

big east is open for one of 4 teams

Archived