• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's now officially UCF/usf Week!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Greco's problem wasn't line protection.  Blitzes were picked up well.  He would run before he checked his options and would get in trouble.  When he stayed in the pocket, he made good throws(dropped ones are not his fault).

The RBs look pretty good.  Weaver and Murray stood out. The D was solid.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

There are a lot of other ucIF fans that are a lot more concerned than you, DP...

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Speaking of concerned, have you gotten out of harm's way MikeB? Sorry to veer off topic.

Although to veer back on topic, it doesn't look like Hanna is going to save UCiF from having to play this game. All the forecasts show it pulling up and away from Florida before Saturday.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I live northwest of the city, outside of areas that will flood.  We're staying put, and have good backup plans in case things get worse.  I spent yesterday getting our property prepared, and think we'll be alright.  Appreciate you asking Jamie.

• Content Count:  709

Maybe we will run more than 5 plays or so.

You see folks, the spin machine is hard at work.  Now they were hidding their offense from USF.  They were willing to go into the middle of the 4th quarter only leading a decent 1-AA team 7-0.  Oh, and the other internet excuse was the rain.

Here's a secret Dawg, man our offense was plain, plain jane yesterday.  We ran it 50 times, mostly up the middle.  Difference is we averaged 6.2ypc, whereas you all average 3.1.   It was also raining like crazy before the game in Tampa, horrific in fact.  Oh, and SC St, is about the same in terms of power rankings as UT-Martin.

Just some friendly advise for UCF fans, the fact is once your team lost Kamir Aikens, and Phillip Smith it lost all of it's real experienced game breakers.  You're playing four true freshmen RB"s, and you'd just be a spinning jerk if you tried to tell us they've all got the playbook mastered.  O'Leary said Friday on the radio he was just pleased they were getting the basic packages down.  Also, Greco is not a great passer.  As I've told you all since he signed.  He played at two HS's his junior and senior year and never threw for over 50%, he couldn't beat out some bad QB's at NCST, and looked only decent at a stacked PRCC team.  UCF, and O'Leary smartly put all their eggs into 2007, but because of it 2008 will be some growing pains.

The point here is once you lost Aikens, Guyton, and Smith the explosiveness for the time being went bye-bye too.  Syndey Haynes barely saw the field yesterday probably for the disciplinary issues we all spoke about.  You all struggled to complete 50% of your passes and surrendered 4 sacks and 3 QBH's against a 1-AA team.

But it is a good thing you kept it real vanilla, kept the score real close, and gave up all those sacks because instead of not showing us anything you instead seemed to be playing possum.  Maybe that's O'Leary's new trick, not vanilla but play dead so we come in so overconfident you spank us.

I am sure it will be a good game because your team will make it emotional but the fact is that your offense is not very good right now.  I am not overlooking you because of your talent and experience on defense.  That could be the great equalizer if we do not protect the ball well. 

I'm not sure we kept it vanilla because of USF.  I am concerned about the offense this year and have been since 24K left.  However, we did miss a FG and did fumble at the 1 yard line so the score could have been worse.  Honestly, even while winning 7-0, SCSU really had no chance.  They never threatened to score.

IMO, USF will beat us next week.  I don't see the offense on display last night scoring more than 14 points against you guys.  But it should be close.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

SCSU really had no chance.  They never threatened to score.

Neither did UT-Martin (they ran a fumble back for a touchdown). The difference is USF still put up 56 points, and it rained in Tampa too so that's not an excuse.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

USF is absolutely going to DESTROY UCF next week... Greco looked like an inexperienced rookie and the Bulls D is in mid-season form.

It's going to be uglier than ugly for UCF next week.

• Content Count:  2,239

I'll enjoy the pregame festivities.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,379
  • Days Won:  10

I'll enjoy the pregame festivities.

Me and the Mrs. plan to do the same.

Could you help me with some info?  Where do I find disabled parking info?  Parking there, is there tailgating allowed in that parking lot?

I will be coming over on 50 from Hernando County.  When I attended UCF I took 408 from 50 around the city and then onto Alafia (I think).  If I go in the main entrance off of University drive, how do I find the stadium?  I graduated in 2003, so I imagine it has changed a bit.

Thanks.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I also think UCF'rs have over estimated/stated the strength of their defense.  Their stats were padded by CUSA ...I'm looking forward to some tailgating.  Let me know the details.  I haven't even a clue where to park...

Archived