• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

David Price....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

getting his groove on last night in Trip A.  He's starting to zero in on the Trip A batters now.  He pitched 5 innings (more because I think they want to keep him fresh for his call-up he could have gone longer it says) 3 hits, 2runs 6 K's.  That's more like it, and against the same Norfolk team that hit him pretty good on is first AAA game.

man this kid is evolving like I've rarely seen.  Most kids get up to trip A and they then face legit major league talent and you see them freeze.  Price is getting better with each outing, and really was never killed in any outing, but they've been real strict with his innings played, mostly likely to preserve him for the stretch run.  He's never given up more than 3 runs in a game in Trip A and with his stuff,he was able to go past 5 innings that ERA would have smoothed out a bit.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just don't put him in the bullpen when the move is finally made. 

But that's what all pennant chasers do when they call up young aces.  I am sure the ultimate goal or hope is we get this pennant locked up quickly and they can squeeze in 1-2 starts at the end of September for David, but that aside they're going to use him out of the pen.  No way you bench a starter in lieu of him- not with this staff. 

The bigger question is if we make the post season which starter do you put to the bullpen.  For the LC, most teams go with a 3 man rotation with a 4th alternate if one gets hurt, or if it looks like the series is going 6-7 games.  So who do you demote during the playoffs?  At this point I almost wonder if it is not Shields( ;D).  Kidding of course, but the past 30 days he's been the weakest pitcher by a long shot (which is saying more about how well the other guys are doing versus Shields playing that poorly).  I dare say today the two best pitchers, at least for the month of August if not since the all-star break, are Garza, an Ajax.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Price will be in the pen the rest of this season and vie for a rotation job next spring training.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Garza has been the best of the bunch that I have seen.

Well after his confrontation with Navarro in mid-June.  Before that he wasn't pitching well, and getting frustrated.  Weird, this year with the Rays many things that could be negative have turned positive.  A pitcher getting into it with his catcher, Coach benching a star player, having key closer get injured.  Unbelievable run.

• Content Count:  873

Well after his confrontation with Navarro in mid-June.  Before that he wasn't pitching well, and getting frustrated.  Weird, this year with the Rays many things that could be negative have turned positive.  A pitcher getting into it with his catcher, Coach benching a star player, having key closer get injured.  Unbelievable run.

I think he's been pitching better with riggans too.  Even though navarro is a better hitter and better defensively, riggans and garza have some chemistry.

• Content Count:  883

Bullpride, where have you been all season? I don't recall seeing any posts from you about the Rays until very recently. We could have used you around here.

I agree with Apis.  Price will be used out of the pen for the rest of this season and be in the rotation next year.

Bullpride, where have you been all season?  I don't recall seeing any posts from you about the Rays until very recently.  We could have used you around here. 

I agree with Apis.  Price will be used out of the pen for the rest of this season and be in the rotation next year.  

bullpride is formerly s_bien if im not mistaken. 

But that's what all pennant chasers do when they call up young aces.  I am sure the ultimate goal or hope is we get this pennant locked up quickly and they can squeeze in 1-2 starts at the end of September for David, but that aside they're going to use him out of the pen.  No way you bench a starter in lieu of him- not with this staff. 

The bigger question is if we make the post season which starter do you put to the bullpen.  For the LC, most teams go with a 3 man rotation with a 4th alternate if one gets hurt, or if it looks like the series is going 6-7 games.  So who do you demote during the playoffs?  At this point I almost wonder if it is not Shields( ;D).  Kidding of course, but the past 30 days he's been the weakest pitcher by a long shot (which is saying more about how well the other guys are doing versus Shields playing that poorly).  I dare say today the two best pitchers, at least for the month of August if not since the all-star break, are Garza, an Ajax.

I'd be all for him getting some spot starts at the end of the season but im not a huge fan of taking young kids and putting them in the pen for extended periods of time.  Let starters be starters relievers be relievers, well atleast when they're young.  I just think price has the ability to be VERY special and im not one for taking any risks with those kind of talents.   

Archived