• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays GAIN a game on the Red Sox!!

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

and Josh Beckett is pretty much done for the year.

at this point in the season you dont go see that doctor unless it means 'should we have surgrey now or just shut him down'

• Content Count:  883

Jackson pitched a great game.  They keep winning and the reinforcements are coming soon. 

jackson is going to be solid

we have turned our pitching staff from a laughing stock into the best in baseball.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

who cares, if nobody goes to these games we won't have the rays for very long. tell you what, if i owned the team i'd be out after this season.

who cares, if nobody goes to these games we won't have the rays for very long. tell you what, if i owned the team i'd be out after this season.

well if you got to a point that you owned a major league team i would hope that you could read the contract they had in place and also understand that ticket sales are a minor part of revune.

• Content Count:  487

and Josh Beckett is pretty much done for the year.

at this point in the season you dont go see that doctor unless it means 'should we have surgrey now or just shut him down'

Where do you get your information? He was put on the 15 day DL retroactive to the 18th of August, which means he is able to start Friday the 5th against the Rangers, and he will make that start.  His elbow is fine, it was just a strain.

he is going to see dr andrews who is the lead doctor for the tommy john

anytime you hear that a player is going to see dr andrews its never a good sign.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

If the Rays wanted attendance to sky rocket they would hire a better marketing team... "feel... the heat" is the worst marketing I have ever heard. Nobody in Tampa wants to watch the St. Petersburg Rays play. Move them to Tampa and then we'll attend.

• Content Count:  487

he is going to see dr andrews who is the lead doctor for the tommy john

anytime you hear that a player is going to see dr andrews its never a good sign.

Well I suppose you can speculate all you want, but the fact of the matter is he is healthy and will start on 9/5.

Despite being buoyed by Beckett's test results, the Sox placed him on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Aug. 18. There was, however, no reason to be alarmed by the move. It was rather a procedural matter aimed at trying to get Beckett back on the mound for next Friday's opener of a three-game set in Texas.

There's nothing structural at all. It's a very healthy elbow - ligament and nerve.

Well I suppose you can speculate all you want, but the fact of the matter is he is healthy and will start on 9/5.

he isn't "healthy" or he would of never went on the DL or to see Dr Andrews.  When I originally made the post about him possibly being done for the year it was BEFORE the results came back from Dr Andrews (he just went to see him yesterday)  don't get your panties all in a bunch. 

I guess all you Red Sox fans are starting to get really worried now that you might not even make the playoffs.

Archived