• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

10 thoughts after 24 hours without power!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

#1- Does the number of child abuse charges rise when electricity goes out?

#2-  If the Progress Energy Truck drives by my house and I offer a case of beer will my power go on sooner, or will he park around the corner and get hammered?

#3- Do the makers of board games actually think a 7 year old, 11 year old,  a wife, and a father listening to Buc game can actually read the monopoly cards by candlelight?

#4- If I set up my grill, my tent, and toss football in front lawn does that constitute a tailgate and thus may drinking take place?

#5-  If anyone ever poses the question: Electricity or plumbing what could you do without.  Answer plumbing!  After a sleepless night with a 11 year old  tooth grinder and his nut-kicking 7 year old sister in bed with us without air conditioning I will happily take care of business in my neighbor's  lawn.

#6- Is it a bad thing to be thankful to god that my USC road trip did not get canceled by this weekend's Hurricane?

#7- When water runs the wrong way down the street during a hurricane it is not a good omen!

#8- When I bought the car adaptor for tailgating my wife said I was nuts, now after it powered a desk fan all night who looks like the smart guy now!

#9- Food does not do well inside a fridge that is shut off, however the case of beer was fine in the cooler when the ice was applied.. Maybe my priorities are a bit screwed up.

#10- When doing laundry at the laundry mat during a power outage it is unlawful to drink alcohol on the premises, however a USC soda tumbler is an excellent disguise..

I hope these thoughts aid all next time your power goes out! All Jokes aside I have no idea how those people throughout the state can go without power for days and weeks... I wish all of them all the best in the next few weeks!   Later T-Man

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Great post T-man.  Too funny.  This should be added to the Hall of Fame Board.

Normal

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Man can't say I miss FL too much right about now.  Excruciatingly hot summer followed by  2 months full of hurricanes?  I feel for you FL Bulls (and my family down there).

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

#1- Does the number of child abuse charges rise when electricity goes out?

No, because that's hot sweaty work. Even if you had the energy to do it, your whole house is open to get some air in so everyone can see.

#2-  If the Progress Energy Truck drives by my house and I offer a case of beer will my power go on sooner, or will he park around the corner and get hammered?

Likely neither, but he'll probably appreciate the gesture. Whether or not you have power is a function of how much damage was done to your hookup, not the Progress Energy man's desire to fix it. Believe me, they have no lack of urgency to get everyone's power back, as that's the only way the citizenry will stop ******** to them about it.

#3- Do the makers of board games actually think a 7 year old, 11 year old,  a wife, and a father listening to Buc game can actually read the monopoly cards by candlelight?

Very good question. You'd think that board game makers would tailor their products to when they are actually used, e.g. when there is no power. When was the last time you played an actual Monopoly board game that wasn't during a power outage?

#4- If I set up my grill, my tent, and toss football in front lawn does that constitute a tailgate and thus may drinking take place?

Absofrickinlutely. As boring as it is during a power outage you could form teams, have a draft and sell personal seat licenses.

#5-  If anyone ever poses the question: Electricity or plumbing what could you do without.  Answer plumbing!  After a sleepless night with a 11 year old  tooth grinder and his nut-kicking 7 year old sister in bed with us without air conditioning I will happily take care of business in my neighbor's  lawn.

I disagree, I could live longer without electricity, if we're talking more than a day or two. Any teeth-grinding and nut-kicking children in my house can jolly well sleep somewhere other than my bed. The stench from an unflushed toilet used by four people will do much more long-term damage to your mental health. It's also nice to be able to take a shower on occasion. Besides, there are things like battery-operated fans when the electricity is out. There is nothing battery-powered that will wash your hair or treat your sewage.

#6- Is it a bad thing to be thankful to god that my USC road trip did not get canceled by this weekend's Hurricane?

Yes, considering how well we played in that game.

#7- When water runs the wrong way down the street during a hurricane it is not a good omen!

Is it a good omen when it runs the right way down the street during a hurricane? Or the wrong way when it is not a hurricane?

#8- When I bought the car adaptor for tailgating my wife said I was nuts, now after it powered a desk fan all night who looks like the smart guy now!

I hope you spent the whole outage gloating about it, and not sharing.

#9- Food does not do well inside a fridge that is shut off, however the case of beer was fine in the cooler when the ice was applied.. Maybe my priorities are a bit screwed up.

If the beer was in bottles and they were already cold, they should do okay. Glass is not a good conductor of heat so your beer will get warm slower than if it was in cans. On the flip side, warm canned beer will get cold faster, if you put it in the freezer.

#10- When doing laundry at the laundry mat during a power outage it is unlawful to drink alcohol on the premises, however a USC soda tumbler is an excellent disguise..

A good tip for all times. However, I would like to think that the local authorities would cut you some slack under the circumstances.

I hope these thoughts aid all next time your power goes out! All Jokes aside I have no idea how those people throughout the state can go without power for days and weeks...

Liquor. Lots and lots of liquor. Why do you think people are so testy when they can't get ice?

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

I am glad everyone enjoyed this post!   Was very delirious and tired when I posted it.  Take Care!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Funny!  Borderline HOF.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  85

Great post!  I was in the same situation, but couldn't have said it better!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Funny post!

BTW, did this storm do in ET?  I miss his morning motivational posts.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I still have no power :(

NAM37

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923

I live in Lakeland, and the city took a pounding, I'm still without power and a had a tree in my backward, it is now a giant stalk!