• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Depth Chart for Tenn Martin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

If you look to last season, there were some suprises for the Auburn game...I suspect this is something simlar. They publish a depth chart, but that doesnt mean it tells the entire story.

yep.  there will be A LOT of non-injury related shifting in this depth chart as the season goes along.

can anyone find the official depth chart that was published for the Elon game last year?  I bet its pretty interesting compared to amount of playing time received. 

I'd like to see last year's depth chart.

I hope there are changes to this year's.  RB, WR, PR, KR, DT, and DE 2-deep should change as season goes along.  probably OL, too, since we need to replace 4 starters there next year.  Sims, Tolley, Hermman, and...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

K 25 Delbert Alvarado  6-0 196 Jr. 21 On pace to be the best place kicker in USF history

I'm sure there's a lot of people who wouldn't know that. I know I personally didn't, but with his inconsistencies it's odd to see that fact. Who woulda guessed?

Most just remember his 2-6 Game 2 @ Auburn, but he did finish the season 10-11 ... we'll see how this season pans out.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

after reviewing depth chart

usf still wins 75-0

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

August 25, 2008

Depth chart: Tweaks and third-teamers

Yes, even more to write off the opening depth chart. First, USF coach Jim Leavitt has tweaked the offensive line, putting sophomore Jake Sims as the No. 2 center -- it had been starting left tackle Ryan Schmidt -- and moving true freshman Danous Estenor into Sims' old spot at No. 2 right tackle. Again, with any injury to the starting line, Sims would move into the starting lineup and those five would shift to cover the loss.

USF also released the next tier of players at all positions, whether it be third-string at most positions or top backups at the return positions. Here's the rundown:

Running backs: Shawn Cannon fifth, Moise Plancher sixth.

Receivers: Daniel Bryant, Ed Alcin, Antwon Hanks, Jason Sherman are third-string.

Offensive line:  LT Damian Edwards, LG Jeremiah Warren, C Kevin McCaskill, RG Josh Garvin, RT Mark Popek are the No. 3 line.

Tight end: Ben Busbee third, Andrew Ketchel fourth.

Punt returns: Patrick Richardson second, then Daniel Bryant.

Kickoff returns: Dontavia Bogan and Daniel Bryant are the second pair.

Defensive line:  LE David Bedford, DT David Fonua, NT Marvin Peoples, RE Shane McElwain.

Linebackers: WLB Armando Sanchez, MLB Mike Lanaris, SLB LaDre Watkins.

Secondary: CB Theo Wilson,  CB John Lejiste, FS Jerrell Young, SS Charlton Sinclair.

There you have it. Surprised to see Plancher all the way at No. 6, but the coaches have been pleased with walk-on Shawn Cannon's size and blocking ability. Again, impressive that second-string WR Jeffrey "Pookie" Wilson is ahead of three scholarship receivers who are third-stringers. I think Warren will be back on the second team once he's healthy, and I think Cory Grissom jumps back in with second team once he's healthy ...

Posted by Greg Auman at 10:54:13 AM on August 25, 2008 | Permalink | Comments (2)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

after reviewing depth chart

usf still wins 75-0

smazz, you're in an unusually good mood this week it seems...I guess football season does it to everyone.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Two things of note to me.  I thought Bonani would be a backup FG kicker based on the accolades thrown his way in high school.

Second thing worries me.  Can Mike Ford be another BJ Upton?  Maybe he just doesn't "get" it and thinks his talent is enough.  Effort is for those lesser types.

Archived