• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IOC asks International Gymnastics Federation to investigate Chinese gymnasts...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Who gives a ****?!?

NBC should show real sports instead of this crap.

then dont respond a$$. obviously a LOT of people care since its like the most popular olympic sport. your response shows your ignorance and intelligence

• Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

What can the IOC do, cut them in half and count their rings?  I don't know of a test that you can take that will tell how old someone is, so we're just left with official documents from a government that will do anything to gain advantage in sports, economics, or otherwise.  They'll restart the smog-producing factories, throw dissidents back into prison or make them 'disappear'.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

If there are regulations laid out then everyone should have to follow them and if you don't then you should be stripped of your medal.  That being said, what is the reasoning for not allowing 14 year olds to compete?  If a 14 year old can outperform a 22 year old then IMHO the 14 year old deserves the medal. 

As far as how can they prove it, I believe they have registration from these girls at other gymnastic events with different birthdays.  I suppose that only proves that the Chinese lied at one of the two events - perhaps they are being honest now.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

If there are regulations laid out then everyone should have to follow them and if you don't then you should be stripped of your medal.  That being said, what is the reasoning for not allowing 14 year olds to compete?  If a 14 year old can outperform a 22 year old then IMHO the 14 year old deserves the medal. 

As far as how can they prove it, I believe they have registration from these girls at other gymnastic events with different birthdays.  I suppose that only proves that the Chinese lied at one of the two events - perhaps they are being honest now.

The age thing is actually a benefit for the young. It has been explained to me that the 14 yr old is more flexible and has a lower center of gravity.

As for the proving it portion, you are spot on, there were events in the past that if they were telling the truth then, that would make 3 of them 14. They will get away with it, I would say that maybe they will be shamed to not do it in the future, but I know better than that. There was a North Korean gymnast that was 15 3 years in a row. The North Korean team was banned for a period of time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,670
  • Days Won:  29

I don't see the big deal about this, obviously except that rules may be broken  ;)

I think there shouldn't be a age limit.

What promising U.S. gymnast didn't make the team due to her age ?

Isn't there a woman from a country that is in her early 30's ?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I read somewhere that US gymnastics has suggested that they just remove the age rule. If someone is going to cheat with no way to prove it, then just remove the rule.

Archived