• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IOC asks International Gymnastics Federation to investigate Chinese gymnasts...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I hope that they find that the Chinese lied (DUH) about the age of 2 of their gymnasts and strip all team and indiviudual medals that they won.

http://en.epochtimes.com/n2/world/underage-chinese-gymnasts-ioc-fig-3151.html

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

I say strip them of their team medals as well.

I know not of what you speak.  ;D  I was so excited that they Chinese "tween"agers my lose thier medals, to notice that I spelled it meTals.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Who gives a ****?!?

NBC should show real sports instead of this crap.

Who gives a ****?!?

I care. I know that gymnasts are incredible athletes. The sport requires strength and speed. What other "real" sports do you suggest that NBC shows?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Who gives a ****?!?

I care. I know that gymnasts are incredible athletes. The sport requires strength and speed. What other "real" sports do you suggest that NBC shows?

Soccer, Field Events (javelin, discus, shot, hammer throw), water polo, table tennis, bad mitten, wrestling, sailing, field hockey, triathlon...

It's more of a complaint that they focus so much time on something when there are so many other things I'd like to see.  I really wish they bid out individual sports to air in packages (ie you bid on gymnastics, but you have to also air bad mitten) to all the networks.  It's just so crappy the way they do it.

I work with a Serbian guy who told me he was very disappointed with the way America shows the Olympics.  He said in Serbia every network is showing different events simultaneously.  Not just of Serbian athletes, but of a variety of countries.

Who gives a ****?!?

Soccer, Field Events (javelin, discus, shot, hammer throw), water polo, table tennis, bad mitten, wrestling, sailing, field hockey, triathlon...

It's more of a complaint that they focus so much time on something when there are so many other things I'd like to see.  I really wish they bid out individual sports to air in packages (ie you bid on gymnastics, but you have to also air bad mitten) to all the networks.  It's just so crappy the way they do it.

I work with a Serbian guy who told me he was very disappointed with the way America shows the Olympics.  He said in Serbia every network is showing different events simultaneously.  Not just of Serbian athletes, but of a variety of countries.

I agree that more sports should be shown, and also the farming out of the events. But, gymnastics is a sport just like all of the others. Plus gymnastics make for great ratings which is the only reason that any sport is shown. IMO NBC has done a better job than most other networks have. They have been showing events on NBC, MSNBC, USA, and CNBC.

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

bad mitten, eh?

bad-mitten.jpg

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Who gives a ****?!?

Race Walking?  :D

Who gives a ****?!?

Race Walking?   :D

In the post about Race walking SattyBull stated that the Race Walking women averaged 7 minute miles over a 30 mile race. I don't know about you, but I think that is pretty athletic.

Archived