• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My Wife finally joined the Alumni Association.

Bull-by-Marriage

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Two other great benefits.

Affinity program with Liberty Mutual insurance.  They are top rated and very large up north, but a little smaller down here.  But I got great rates being a USF alumn and putting cars/house/life/rv/boat through them.  Great, A rated insurance co.

Also I use the 15% discount at Bulls Heaven, Bulls Outfitters and USF Bookstore, all the time on USF merchandise.  Great way to get more USF gear at a lower cost factor.....  In fact I probably use this benefit the most...

She signed us up for the lifetime membership. We got our cards in the mail yesterday. I had no idea how many benefits come with being a member. We get discounts on all kinds of things. One of them being the continuing education classes. I am thinking about taking one just so I can say that I went to USF.

i'm confused?? can you become a member of the alumni association if you are not an alum?

Only if your spouse is an Alum.

That is not true. Anyone can join the Alumni Association.  That was a change a few years ago.

while i know the alumni association wants as much $$$$ as it can possibly get why accept members who are not alums?

I think you answered your own question... but the real question is - why would someone who never went to USF join the USF alumni association?  Our of 14,000 or so members we might have just a handful that did not go to school at USF.

I know one... he is a BIG USF fan and joined because he wanted to help out. (He didn't go to college... and no, it's not ET)

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

hmmmm

i don't know....

i would think sure would be nice to have the $$$ but just tell them they can make a donation but not be a member of the alum association unless they are an alum

next thing you know you get idiots paying fees to the harvard alum assoc and claiming they are an alum

i guess in our situation where we have 200k + alums and 14k paying we will accept anyone

funny admission standards are getting tougher but becoming a part of the alum association is easy

• Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

She signed us up for the lifetime membership. We got our cards in the mail yesterday. I had no idea how many benefits come with being a member. We get discounts on all kinds of things. One of them being the continuing education classes. I am thinking about taking one just so I can say that I went to USF.

i'm confused?? can you become a member of the alumni association if you are not an alum?

Only if your spouse is an Alum.

That is not true. Anyone can join the Alumni Association.  That was a change a few years ago.

My bad...and I stand corrected.  Thanks Jim

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

We aren't grads but wanted to contribute and help out.  And our daughter can't afford it yet.  Teacher's pay $uc*$. 

Archived