• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Singabull's Rays Rants - August 16 to August 22

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

So that gives you a license to be a d*ckwad?

If anything, after suffering through terrible baseball for 10 years you should be appreciating what this team has done, not tearing them down at every turn.

I do appreciate it but if they want to make the playoffs, they need to beat guys with era's that high.  You can all say that they're in first place and everything's good but you can't just look at right now.  September will be difficult and the rays need to rack up wins now.  If they hold the best hitting team to 3 runs and are facing a guy with an era of 7, they have to win that game.  Now they have to play the angels for three then the white sox.  Can't get content.  I guarantee maddon is dissapointed too.

"HEY USF IS NUMBER 2 IN THE COUNTRY!  WE'RE GOING TO PLAY FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!" - oops

So when they face Dice-K and lose, you're going to say... well, they faced a great hitting team and a Cy Young candidate, so it's ok that they lost?

To make the playoffs, it'd be nice if they won EVERY game.  The reality is they won't.  Everyone is disappointed, but it's one game and they lost zero ground.  Big picture... big picture.

No, and you just emphasized my point.  Losing to the red sux is a game that could go either way and you hope they win.  But facing a BAD pitcher and only giving up 3 wins yourself is a game you have to win.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

singabull, you haven't ever answered my question on why are you only on here posting after they lose?  It's hard to win on the road.  There are only 4 teams with winning records on the road and the Rays are not that far off.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

If anything, after suffering through terrible baseball for 10 years you should be appreciating what this team has done, not tearing them down at every turn.

I do appreciate it but if they want to make the playoffs, they need to beat guys with era's that high.  You can all say that they're in first place and everything's good but you can't just look at right now.  September will be difficult and the rays need to rack up wins now.  If they hold the best hitting team to 3 runs and are facing a guy with an era of 7, they have to win that game.  Now they have to play the angels for three then the white sox.  Can't get content.  I guarantee maddon is dissapointed too.

"HEY USF IS NUMBER 2 IN THE COUNTRY!  WE'RE GOING TO PLAY FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!" - oops

So when they face Dice-K and lose, you're going to say... well, they faced a great hitting team and a Cy Young candidate, so it's ok that they lost?

To make the playoffs, it'd be nice if they won EVERY game.  The reality is they won't.  Everyone is disappointed, but it's one game and they lost zero ground.  Big picture... big picture.

No, and you just emphasized my point.  Losing to the red sux is a game that could go either way and you hope they win.  But facing a BAD pitcher and only giving up 3 wins yourself is a game you have to win.

No... you don't HAVE to win it.  The sky has not fallen because they lost.  If you'd take off your black veil, you'd be able to see that it's one loss on a 6-3 road trip... .666 on the road?  I'll take that every day of the week.  If they play .600 ball on the road for the rest of the season, we'll win the division by 10 games.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

No... you don't HAVE to win it.  The sky has not fallen because they lost.  If you'd take off your black veil, you'd be able to see that it's one loss on a 6-3 road trip... .666 on the road?  I'll take that every day of the week.  If they play .600 ball on the road for the rest of the season, we'll win the division by 10 games.

What he said.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

wow. I really don't see how you can call yourself a fan.

You trash absolutely everything about the Rays.

You can't win every game man, 2/3 and 3/4 isn't bad. If you also looked, Boston lost as well so we are in the same boat that we were in before the game.

Don't let him get to you... he's not a Rays fan.

Not so fast, my friend. Remember, he can be both a Rays fan AND a d***wad .... Just like we have Bulls fans that are also d***wds .... I can provide names if needed.

Also, on a related note, I believe Josh Beckett gave up 8 earned runs today .... maybe we can pick him up if he clears waivers.

Rays are up 7-2 in the 7th, and our resident "Rays Fan Who Has Gone To More Games Than Any Of Us Ever Combined" hasn't posted a single thing.

Mark my words, if the Rangers get the tying run into the on deck circle, he'll be back with his "Sky is Falling" broken record crap.

Book it.

• Content Count:  12,293

well the tying run is now in the on deck ...way to go EI.  you jinxed us

Rays are up 7-2 in the 7th, and our resident "Rays Fan Who Has Gone To More Games Than Any Of Us Ever Combined" hasn't posted a single thing.

Mark my words, if the Rangers get the tying run into the on deck circle, he'll be back with his "Sky is Falling" broken record crap.

Book it.

Couldn't post anything, was at the Bucs game.  Bite me.

Good, because when they DID put the winning run up at the plate by intentionally walking Hamilton with the bases loaded, I thought "Uh-oh... homie's going to have a field day with this one!"

As it was... great GREAT call by Maddon to bypass Josh and go after the next guy with Wheeler.  Balfour looked like a single-A pitcher out there in the 9th.

Good, because when they DID put the winning run up at the plate by intentionally walking Hamilton with the bases loaded, I thought "Uh-oh... homie's going to have a field day with this one!"

As it was... great GREAT call by Maddon to bypass Josh and go after the next guy with Wheeler.  Balfour looked like a single-A pitcher out there in the 9th.

Nope, I was home for the 9th inning so you were wrong again.  I don't complain about the bullpen.  They've been solid all year so I knew they weren't coming back.

Archived