• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA 09 Sim: USF @ NC State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

USF  31    NC State    20

This win came at a price, however.  Grothe sprained his ankle late in the first quarter and is listed as doubtful for the Pitt game.  We'll see if he plays.  As for the game, well all you Taurus Johnson fans out there will be happy to find out he had three TD receptions today!  Mike Ford also had another great game with 163 yards on 25 carries and a score.  Before Grothe went out with an injury, he was 8 for 11 for 95 yards and a score, as well as his first INT of the season.  Gregory came in and did well, going 16 of 28 for 180 yards and 2 TDs and 1 INT.  Carlton Mitchell led the way with 8 receptions for only 48 yards.  TJ only had 45 yards but when you score three times, yards dont seem to stand out as much.  Some other notable performances were Ced Hill with 75 receiving yards on 4 catches, AJ Love with 51 on 3, and BBQ had 54 on 3.  Overall, USF's offense racked up 467 total offensive yards and 20 first downs.  To be completely honest, this may be the most realistic game yet.  Other than Grothe getting hurt, I expect a similar scenario in the real game.

As for the Wolfpack... their running game just didn't show up; Andre Brown managed 58 yards on 12 carries, but the supporting cast combined for 19 yards on 10 carries.  They kept the game close in the first half only due to getting two INTs while backed up in the redzone.  But when USF opened it up, they were forced to go airborne, where they shot themselves in the foot.  Daniel Evans went 6 for 11 for 113 yards with an INT before getting injured.  Harrison Beck backed him up going 11 for 28 for 141 yards and 3 scores, but 2 INTs that proved costly. 

5-0.  Perfect through five!!!  Still not perfect in the rankings however.  EA has managed to keep us out at least for another week.  26th last week, 27th after this game.

AROUND THE BIG EAST:  Cincinnati defeated Akron  35-16.  UCONN and Louisville played each other as the first conference matchup, Louisville prevailed 34-31.  Pitt and Syracuse also faced off, Pitt won easily 41-6.  Rutgers played FCS Southeast and recorded their second straight shut out.  West Virginia beat Marshall 31-10.

STANDINGS:

Pittsburgh      4-1  (1-0)

Louisville        2-2  (1-0)

USF              5-0

West Virginia  4-0

Rutgers        3-1

Cincinnati      2-1

Syracuse      3-2  (0-1)

Connecticut  3-2  (0-1)

There you have it.  Week 5 is in the books and we'll have to wait and see if Matt Grothe is cleared to play against Pittsburgh.  If not, we'll see what Grant Gregory's got in him.  We open up Big East play against Pittsburgh, who is ranked #28.  The winner is pretty much guaranteed to be ranked.  Find out on Saturday.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

This is where EA (read: graduates of Orlando Clown College) screwed the Bulls in the game. If USF can be ranked after two games last year, it's insane that they wouldn't be ranked after five games this year, especially after beating Kansas and clobbering a "superior" Kaniggits team at their place.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

It might not interest you to know that the sim you've listed is only one of many, many, many different possibilities that the game will churn out if you exit your current mode and tell it to sim the same game again. Personally I prefer just kicking the tar out of every opponent myself.

• Content Count:  526
  • Days Won:  0

It might not interest you to know that the sim you've listed is only one of many, many, many different possibilities that the game will churn out if you exit your current mode and tell it to sim the same game again. Personally I prefer just kicking the tar out of every opponent myself.

So your saying that I wouldn't get the same exact outcome as above if I sim the season on my console?

Then I'm returning it all...What should I tell the people at Best Buy what my reason is?  Randomness?

Yeah, I know.  I like beating teams up myself.  But sims arent fun if I control it.  I cant control the real games, so I didnt control the video game. 

But since you brought it up, just in case anyone was thinking about this..... NO, I did not redo any games.  I simmed the season regardless of the outcome, which so far is working out nicely.

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

This has been fun...Looking forward to the next game. If Grothe doesn't come back I'm predicting a loss.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

I guess we can expect a QB controversy after the NC State game then-- hrumph!

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

As i wait for my rosters on memory card to arrive i simmed a season as i tried to get USC under so much NCAA scrutiny that they would be given severe probation and suck. It worked..they finished 5-7 and are on probation. I'm now recruiting 1* and 2* players with bad discipline. USF finished the 1st season of my sim 10-3..losing to Rutgers, WVU, and the Bowl game. I cant remember who they lost to but it was the Gator Bowl. Once I get the rosters I will actually play the game. With this dynasty my goal is to get USC down to a level so bad they are kicked out of the PAC-10.  I just get so tired of the same teams being winners so I want to do the same to Ohio St, LSU, and UF

As i wait for my rosters on memory card to arrive i simmed a season as i tried to get USC under so much NCAA scrutiny that they would be given severe probation and suck. It worked..they finished 5-7 and are on probation. I'm now recruiting 1* and 2* players with bad discipline. USF finished the 1st season of my sim 10-3..losing to Rutgers, WVU, and the Bowl game. I cant remember who they lost to but it was the Gator Bowl. Once I get the rosters I will actually play the game. With this dynasty my goal is to get USC down to a level so bad they are kicked out of the PAC-10.  I just get so tired of the same teams being winners so I want to do the same to Ohio St, LSU, and UF

LOL @ the USC ordeal

Archived