• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gators only 4 road games this year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Nope, I enjoyed that game very much.  I have not missed many games even when I was in Okinawa I caught games via the Internet.  Bull through and through. 

However, does Dan McCarthy not coach for the Gators now and that might give them a little advantage.

Just beat Miami next year, who cares that they have 4 or 5 star recruits lets teach them how the coach makes a big difference.

He was only here for one year, but if the development of Selvie is an indication then he had a big impact.  Fortunately for us, I think him being 3 years removed (2010) from USF will help to negate that advantage.  Both teams will look significantly different when this game is played.  Also, that is assuming he is still assistant coaching at UF.  He was a decent head coach and may be using the UF position to help springboard himself back into a HC position elsewhere.   

This might turn into a bigger deal if we were to somehow end up playing the Gators in a bowl game this season.  Kind of like Rod Smith going to WVa... we might want to mix up our signals / try a different playcalling system.  Barring that possibility, I don't see McCarney being that much of an advantage for UF (vs. USF).   

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They also have the game in Jax, so really it's 7 home and a neutral

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

They also have the game in Jax, so really it's 7 home and a neutral

True, USF has 6 home and a nuetral this year too.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Is that a shot at UCF or FIU?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Is that a shot at UCF or FIU?

UCF, I respect FIU

• Content Count:  4,879

coach mac won't be in gainesville in 2010; he'll hc by then.

• Content Count:  711

This is exactly the reason if USF eventually gets an OCS it should be 85K+. 

So you don't want an OCS until around 2077, then ..... That's going to upset a lot of people over on the Main board.

I'm just saying the UCF tin can doesn't permit buying teams out.  If we build a stadium we should have a minimum of 65k to match the selling out of Ray Jay, with 5-10 year plans to expand to 85k and to 105k.  I'm not saying we'll ever get there, but there's no reason the initial design shouldn't allow for massive expansion.

As for waiting 10-20 years, I'd rather wait than get what UCF got.

I love what we "got".  There's a lot more to playing on-campus than bleacher structure.  Plus...it's not a bad place by any means...and it was made for expansion and upgrades will be coming as the years go on.

Archived