• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now this is what I am talking about...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

From the official USF Site:

Football Aims to Rebound in C-USA Opener at TCU

If USF is looking for its silver lining in a 34-3 loss at South Carolina last Saturday, it is this. In each of the past four seasons, USF has rebounded remarkably from what has been one annual lopsided loss.

In 2003, USF lost 40-17 at Alabama to open the season, but went on to win each of its next three games. The Bulls closed out on a 7-3 run after the Alabama loss.

In 2002, the Bulls fell 42-3 at Arkansas, and after a loss at Oklahoma the following week, USF went 7-0 to close out the season.

In 2001, Utah dropped USF by a 52-21 margin in Salt Lake City, but the Bulls went 6-0 the rest of the way.

In 2000, USF lost 41-7 at Southern Miss and then closed the season with a 4-1 stretch.

In those four seasons, USF was a combined 11-1 in the three games that followed the lopsided loss. The only defeat in those 12 games was at Oklahoma. When taking into account the remainder of each of the four seasons after the big loss, USF was a combined 24-5.

If the Bulls are to rebound again this year, it will come against some of the finest competition Conference USA can offer, beginning with back-to-back games at TCU and back home against Southern Miss, who finished second and first respectively in the league last season.

USF is at TCU Saturday, September 25. The game kicks off at 7 p.m. EST and can be seen in the Tampa Bay market on ABC 28. The game will also be aired on WTBN 570 & 910.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

If we DONT score 35 pts, I'm gonna....................gonna......................gonna................................be real mad and stuff.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

We've never been blanked. Will this year's team let us down?

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

We've never been blanked. Will this year's team let us down?

could happen but not this week

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i dont think there is any way we are going to score 35 points.  sure TCU just gave up 70 but that was to texas tech who always has a good offense.  didnt their QB throw 9 TDs in 1 game last year? or was it 7?  anyways, TCU is still probably gonna be tough on D at home.  I say we score 27 and they score 17

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I think TCU is going to make a concious effort to correct their defensive woes in practice this week.  We may have caught them at a bad time.