• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New tone

Guest S.  Bien
What has Howard done at FAU?

He's beaten Hawaii, a middle of the road WAC team, and nobody else of value in D1-A.  Middle Tenn State?  North Texas?  Come on, Smazza, I understand being disappointed in the offense, but crowning FAU the next Miami is a bit premature.

Let's not forget that USF dusted FAU off a short two years ago by an embarassing margin.  While FAU is on the right track, they've beaten nobody.  Let THEM play a SC (or even a Louisville or Cincinnati) and see how they end up.

Short order... our offense blows right now.  But if you think FAU is better than us because they beat MTSU and North Texas, it's time to turn in the USF badge and move on.

BW

I agree.  They haven't traveled to play anybody.  The road wins against MTSU, and N. Texas were no big deal.  MTSU has won a total of 9 games the last three years, and averages 3 1-A wins a year in that span.  FAU's run has been remarkable for them this year, but the opponents are below average 1-A foes, and they have like 18 starters that are seniors.  If they do it again next year then I'll be impressed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

I agree.  They haven't traveled to play anybody.  The road wins against MTSU, and N. Texas were no big deal.  MTSU has won a total of 9 games the last three years, and averages 3 1-A wins a year in that span.  FAU's run has been remarkable for them this year, but the opponents are below average 1-A foes, and they have like 18 starters that are seniors.  If they do it again next year then I'll be impressed.

They've beaten three 1-A teams on the road (one, the other side of the world) in their 4th year of existence. Two of those teams were in bowls last year. If we had done that, we would have been going bonkers!!

I'm not saying they should be getting votes in the polls yet, but geezus, give a little credit where credit is due.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

FAU certainly is not ahead of us, but you still need to give them props for what they have done.     In addition, I would give props to UCF for how well they have done this year.   With as little depth as they have on that team they have accounted well for themselves.  The new staff has made a difference at UCF.   It will be much more interesting playing them.

Back to us, time will tell... We have the talent to compete in our conference, but much of it is young.  How quickly the young players can be brought up to speed and what the staff does to overcome the shortcomings at QB will determine if this is a year to remember or forget.   In the long run we will be fine, but this year is up for grabs.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

What has Howard done at FAU?

He's beaten Hawaii, a middle of the road WAC team, and nobody else of value in D1-A.  Middle Tenn State?  North Texas?  

Short order... our offense blows right now.  But if you think FAU is better than us because they beat MTSU and North Texas, it's time to turn in the USF badge and move on.

BW

I don't think smaza was saying they're better than us now, he's comparing them year by year.  Hiwaii, N. Texas, MTSU may not be top teams, but in OUR fourth year, we weren't beating teams even that good.  In fact, our fourth year, MTSU beat the pi$$ & snot out of us.