• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New tone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  0

Its amazing the new tone that is coming from this board after only 2 games.  We were all fired up and excited about the season.  Now we are all on suicide alert.  We knew about our short coming at QB before the season. We complained about the play calling last year.  We just seemed to forget about it during the  winter months.

I can only hope that we can correct and start winning.  If we don't this board will get down right ugly.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

bulldad,

You can count on me to be the voice of optimisim, even if it is blind optimism.  I've seen too much good in the program to get down after this loss, even it was a bit embarassing.  If we can't handle a bad game, how will we handle the 2-9 or 2-10 seasons when they come?

The board is a great tool for everyone to let off steam...the tone will mellow by Thursday and with a good game at TCU, all will be forgotten - save for a few posters who will now call for Hobbie or Leavitt's head until the end of time.

Love these Bulls and supporting them through good times and bad.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Its amazing the new tone that is coming from this board after only 2 games.  We were all fired up and excited about the season.  Now we are all on suicide alert.  We knew about our short coming at QB before the season. We complained about the play calling last year.  We just seemed to forget about it during the  winter months.

I can only hope that we can correct and start winning.  If we don't this board will get down right ugly.

Bulldad we were expecting something exciting in the offense this year.  Nothing changed...same scheme.  We or at least I am still fired up about the season but let's not embarass ourselves out on the field.  CJL has to realize the no huddle offense has to go.  We could become too predictable.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Bulldad we were expecting something exciting in the offense this year.  Nothing changed...same scheme.  We or at least I am still fired up about the season but let's not embarass ourselves out on the field.  CJL has to realize the no huddle offense has to go.  We could become too predictable.

I don't think we were really "expecting" something exciting but holding our breath and hoping ........... and it IS still early.   ;)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80

I don't believe it's necessarily a new tone, Bulldad.  I think we have all seen the lack of offensive production throughout last year.  We all expected some adjustment in the offense, especially with our line being a strength and recruiting some strong RBs.  But it hasn't happened.   And it needs to.

So no new tone, yet.  But if the OC doesn't make some adjustments, you can expect that the tone will change as frustration continues to build.

Guest wildrover

I don't think its this loss that is causing the tone so much as it is the lack of the coaching staff t address the issues and this loss just made that embarassingily evidient.  We've been going on for a long time about the O and its short comings and nothing has been done.  Now, after a huge loss I think we all can't help but wonder why nothing has been done?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I don't believe it's necessarily a new tone, Bulldad.  I think we have all seen the lack of offensive production throughout last year.  We all expected some adjustment in the offense, especially with our line being a strength and recruiting some strong RBs.  But it hasn't happened.   And it needs to.

So no new tone, yet.  But if the OC doesn't make some adjustments, you can expect that the tone will change as frustration continues to build.

well said.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

if they had gone to the 3 yds and a pile of dust offense i would be happy because they made some adjustment with the RBs they brought in a solid Oline and a good defense- recipe for close competetive games

but it appears they did not. and we got the woodshed

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

2-9 or 2-10 season

why should we ever have that

sorry but with the stream of talent,new facility,location of school i say fire the coach if he can't win more than 2 games

bulldad- save it- our offense is pathetic and unacceptible

and that type of play shouldn't be tolerated now or ever

if the coaches can't improve it change the coaches

a football coach in florida should have a short leash

look what howard   has done  at FAU

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553

What has Howard done at FAU?

He's beaten Hawaii, a middle of the road WAC team, and nobody else of value in D1-A.  Middle Tenn State?  North Texas?  Come on, Smazza, I understand being disappointed in the offense, but crowning FAU the next Miami is a bit premature.

Let's not forget that USF dusted FAU off a short two years ago by an embarassing margin.  While FAU is on the right track, they've beaten nobody.  Let THEM play a SC (or even a Louisville or Cincinnati) and see how they end up.

Short order... our offense blows right now.  But if you think FAU is better than us because they beat MTSU and North Texas, it's time to turn in the USF badge and move on.

BW