• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poor coaching

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I have to give a big negative to our coaching staff. Obviously, the team was not prepared for this game, the play calling was stupid if not predictable, and these **** penalties!!! Seems like other schools coaching staff has taught fundamentals to their players to avoid penalties. WHY NOT OURS??? This has been a perennial problem year after year. THAT my fellow BULLS tells you the coaching staff is NOT coaching. Running the players after practice is not punishment. It's like putting a child in a corner after it's been bad. I got it! How about teaching the correct method instead of blowing by fundamentals. I thought that's what spring practice and summer workouts were for? All the good teams do it, WHY NOT US???

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I'm not concerned with the few personal fouls or hitting the kicker penalties.  Those are from being aggressive.

Holding penalties, offsides, illegal substitution are unacceptable.  We did a very good job of turning around the holding penalties from week 1 to week 2.  However there were still a few sloppy penalties like illegal substitution.

Overall, I don't think it's too far out of wack.

My major problem is the failure to develop any offense at all.  Something stinks on the offensive side of the ball and it's more than just our QB play.  Our OC needs to head back to high school.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  226

Right now I'm glad our Pitt game was postponed till the end of the year.  With some smart play changes we can still earn a bowl appearance.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

USF needs to hire officials to come in during practices ...

This may sound funny, but we had a local high school that was having problems with too many penalties... so they brought in a few local officials to watch for penalties during practice.  They didn't stop plays or blow whistles, but they threw flags when we saw penalties -- the coaches would ask the officials what they saw, then try to correct it by working with the offending player.  For the rest of the season, that high school cut its penalties in half.

If it worked for them, it should work for USF.