• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The State of Florida Board is joke

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I may be alone on this one but I don't care.

As long as we have an opponent moderater trashing the "home team" we will never have a good sof board.  I'm sure I can count on one hand how many message boards have an opponent or a "hater" as a moderator.  I feel as though I can't be critical of an opponent on this board.  I know that there is a thread regarding the "greatness" of this moderator, however, I don't believe derogatory statements towards other posters to be in the character of a great person. I love the bullspen and this is truly my one and only gripe.

For the record, I WANT outside contribution and expect negative attacks from other schools.  However I'm shocked that I have to suffer such attacks from a board moderator of MY teams message board.

Go back to the main board.

• Content Count:  398
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes I wish we could ban UCF posters all together. Since coming to USF, I've acquired a deep hatred for anything UCF. I hate going home to Orlando (which is where I grew up) because of all the UCF garbage around. I'm glad we have a separate landfill board to confine all the UCF posts to.

Shh...don't talk like that.  Some may think there is a rivalry and Trip will not tolerate that. ;)

Hahaha. Most of it has spawned from me constantly visiting Orlando to see my parents, and all the UCF stuff has rubbed me the wrong way.

Besides, a rivalry is a competition. When USF and UCF do battle on the field in football, you guys never show up. ;D

I never had that problem.  When my rents lived in Sarasota, even though there was a regional campus there, only the Big 3 were talked about.  Now they live in the FIU area, but since it's FIU, no one talks about them in English. :D

I was trying to think of a witty comeback, but couldn't think of one.  While 2006 was a respectable game, 2005 and 2007 sure weren't.  We haven't had a good QB in 4 years, so I'm hoping one of these newer kids can at least help balance the team enough to make it a good showing this year.

The 2006 game was my first UCF/USF football game. I'll be honest, if UCF played like that every year (where the score was at least close), I think more people would be willing to admit to a 'rivalry' between us. Right now, I think most USF fans see UCF as the little kid down the block who we beat up on every so often (in various sports).

• Content Count:  526

ok you won(not that I expected to win), but I made my point.

• Content Count:  4,879

Don't sweat it; DP is still the supporter of a loser program.

And he never did address the legitimate challenges to his slam of a few guys on this privately run board simply wanting to show some love for CKE and his gals.

Nor the fact that one of the primary differences that the BE valued when selecting USF over UCF was their abysmal financial record and USF's stellar 'money in the bank before we start' policy.

So his beloved UCiF has the best facilities in C-DOA.  whoopie!

• Content Count:  2,239

Don't sweat it; DP is still the supporter of a loser program.

And he never did address the legitimate challenges to his slam of a few guys on this privately run board simply wanting to show some love for CKE and his gals.

Nor the fact that one of the primary differences that the BE valued when selecting USF over UCF was their abysmal financial record and USF's stellar 'money in the bank before we start' policy.

So his beloved UCiF has the best facilities in C-DOA.  whoopie!

Huh?  I didn't start the softball thread.

I think facilities was the #1 deciding factor between the two schools getting selected.  That and Olympic sport conference affiliation.  ASun was a much bigger transition.  Yes, UCF got into some financial trouble back in the 80s, but since those people are long since gone, I don't think that played much of a role.

That's why I keep my childhood team close to my heart(since it's out of this region).  When BCS nonsense makes me feel down since UCF is on the outside, I look at my hometown team and smile cause they are part of the elite.

• Content Count:  4,879

USF is enough for me, no back-up needed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

I may be alone on this one but I don't care.

As long as we have an opponent moderater trashing the "home team" we will never have a good sof board.  I'm sure I can count on one hand how many message boards have an opponent or a "hater" as a moderator.  I feel as though I can't be critical of an opponent on this board.  I know that there is a thread regarding the "greatness" of this moderator, however, I don't believe derogatory statements towards other posters to be in the character of a great person. I love the bullspen and this is truly my one and only gripe.

For the record, I WANT outside contribution and expect negative attacks from other schools.  However I'm shocked that I have to suffer such attacks from a board moderator of MY teams message board.

After sifting through all the evidence, I've come to several conclusions. First, here's the offending DP 'Idiot' post:

I have season tix.  The USF game didn't cost any more than any other game.

PWND

After all that was said all that he could counter with was the season ticket price.  This thread is a beautiful thing  ;D

You idiot.  Someone complained about the game being more expensive.  I, like most UCF fans, don't care because my season tickets did not have that increase in it.

While I may not have handled it the exact same way ..... dude, you appeared to have seriously used the term "PWND" in attacking DP! At the very least, if you're going to seriously use a term like that, you need to make darn sure the point you're making is valid. Yours didn't appear to be ....

BUT, I will say your initial asessment of ucfknights04 on the "Where is the money?" thread wasn't that far off. Besides the fact that he couldn't seem to grasp the fact that the little fun fundraiser by some of the Bullspen board members wasn't some kind of USF sponsored money raising activity, his trying to stir up **** fell on deaf ears...

Archived