• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The State of Florida Board is joke

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  526
  • Days Won:  0

I may be alone on this one but I don't care.

As long as we have an opponent moderater trashing the "home team" we will never have a good sof board.  I'm sure I can count on one hand how many message boards have an opponent or a "hater" as a moderator.  I feel as though I can't be critical of an opponent on this board.  I know that there is a thread regarding the "greatness" of this moderator, however, I don't believe derogatory statements towards other posters to be in the character of a great person. I love the bullspen and this is truly my one and only gripe.

For the record, I WANT outside contribution and expect negative attacks from other schools.  However I'm shocked that I have to suffer such attacks from a board moderator of MY teams message board.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Prepare to be bashed by the vets who love DP (not that kinda DP you deviants).  He's not a bad mod but i too found it weird that an opponents fan modded here especially considering how "great" fan relations are between the two schools on the internet.  Although if he was as bad as you are making him out to be i don't think Brad would allow him to mod on here.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I've never met DP, and he and I often spar back and forth on topics on this board.  However, I do have a couple quick points to make as both one of the mods on this website and as a user of this site:

1) If you don't like it, don't post there or read the threads.

2) The point of this board is to invite discussion on all schools of the state, not simply USF.

3) Having a moderator that is a fan of a different state school is designed to bring some balance to the board, instead of it just being another USF board.

4) I've looked at some of your posts in which DP has rebuked you, and for the most part, it isn't that out of line with what you've posted.  Example: http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=48630.0;all

5) You can feel free to be critical of opponents on this board, but all I see you doing recently is making anti-ucIF posts, so you should expect to receive replies from ucIF fans.

• Content Count:  2,239

I may be alone on this one but I don't care.

As long as we have an opponent moderater trashing the "home team" we will never have a good sof board.  I'm sure I can count on one hand how many message boards have an opponent or a "hater" as a moderator.  I feel as though I can't be critical of an opponent on this board.  I know that there is a thread regarding the "greatness" of this moderator, however, I don't believe derogatory statements towards other posters to be in the character of a great person. I love the bullspen and this is truly my one and only gripe.

For the record, I WANT outside contribution and expect negative attacks from other schools.  However I'm shocked that I have to suffer such attacks from a board moderator of MY teams message board.

Being critical of a team and downright trashing anyone with an opinion differing from yours and in agreement with a pro-UCF point is not being critical, but downright disrespectful and I can't speak for others, but that is something I will not tolerate.  This is the State of Florida Board.  This board is meant to be a balanced area where people from different schools can come.  It is not meant to be pro-any one team.  That means that posters from other schools deserve respect.  It does not matter if they are UCF, FAU, UF or UM fans.  They are all welcome here and while we all can hate on their team or program, the poster themselves deserve respect.  Even the biggest USF fans here who hate UCF still have respect for the poster until that poster does something like what you did and flat out insult someone without any provocation.  If you did not insult him, you never would have been insulted back.  If you cannot handle Brad's desire for a balanced board, there are an assortment of other boards on this site that are pro-USF.

• Content Count:  526

Being critical of a team and downright trashing anyone with an opinion differing from yours and in agreement with a pro-UCF point is not being critical, but downright disrespectful and I can't speak for others, but that is something I will not tolerate.

I love this...

So I'm supposed to tolerate a UCF poster insulting OUR softball fund drive?  "Whats next-bake sales"?!?!  Are you kidding me?  So I say the guy sounds stupid for his remark, which he does to anyone that is knowledgeable about our situation, but to you he is just being critical and it makes me an "idiot."  I love it that the UCFer that posted isn't being disrespectful but I am. 

Here is the exchange for all to see...

ucfknights04

I came over and took a peak at your open board and saw 2 threads that stuck out:

1) Home and Home with WKU

but even stranger:

2) Everyone pitch in 20 dollars for a softball stadium.

Really?

What's next - bake sales?

Our spending has been well documented - and in the mix of it all included throwing up a new softball stadium. Baseball expansion is supposed to start within weeks.

It's really baffling that you guys are in a BCS conference, and have been to 3 straight bowls, averaged higher attendance in football, and are eligible for the same financing/bonding UCF was and can't make ends meet without traveling to play in a transitional FBS teams stadium.

As a UCF fan I can heckle and poke fun - but what is really surprising is that as USF fans, you guys aren't more up in arms about it.

USF has placed some serious separation between our programs on the field - if you could get your ducks in a row regarding facilities, it would remove any doubt that is there and people would stop confusing our two programs.

I_Bleed_Green&Gold

I'm not going to dignify your question with an answer.

All I will say is...How stupid do you look by this post.

So you just somehow strolled on to OUR board and coincidentally came upon posts regarding our schedule AND our softball fund?

Thats a bunch of horsefeathers and you know it.

The softball post is in the middle of the 3rd page so you would've "peeked( which you and your highly regarded UCF degree misspelled as peaked)" through about 65 posts. Which is absurd.

Just call yourself a spade and say that your a troll. I'd respect you and your opinion much more. Or not...LOL

• Content Count:  398

Sometimes I wish we could ban UCF posters all together. Since coming to USF, I've acquired a deep hatred for anything UCF. I hate going home to Orlando (which is where I grew up) because of all the UCF garbage around. I'm glad we have a separate landfill board to confine all the UCF posts to.

But DawgPound is okay. He can stay.  ::)

He just needs to, uh, remember which board he's posting on occasionally.

Sometimes I wish we could ban UCF posters all together. Since coming to USF, I've acquired a deep hatred for anything UCF. I hate going home to Orlando (which is where I grew up) because of all the UCF garbage around. I'm glad we have a separate landfill board to confine all the UCF posts to.

Shh...don't talk like that.  Some may think there is a rivalry and Trip will not tolerate that. ;)

I love this...

You love this?  You love being called out for something, made a comment on a different thread for a different reason that led to you being called an idiot(a comment I most certainly stand by)?  You love then complaining like a 6 year old afterwards? Okay. ::)

So I'm supposed to tolerate a UCF poster insulting OUR softball fund drive?  "Whats next-bake sales"?!?!  Are you kidding me?

Deal with it.  Go to the main board if you can't handle smack talk on your programs.

So I say the guy sounds stupid for his remark, which he does to anyone that is knowledgeable about our situation, but to you he is just being critical and it makes me an "idiot."

Being someone from outside of this grassroots drive, his comment fits considering his position.  If you look at it from a non-affiliated PoV, it might come off as a drive that could involve bake sales and car washes.  He was being funny and you got prideful.  If you knew the poster and how this board works, you would have known that.  You being newer here, jumped on him and took things literally.  Read the thread again and see how others responded.  They completely disregarded the sarcastic smack comments like the bake sale because that's normal for here.  You had the first real hostile response.  The rest took digs at the school and that's ok.

You being called an idiot came from a different thread on a different topic.  However, all of the posts you've done here has led me to believe that my initial comment about you was most certainly accurate and I stand by it.  And before you call that being disrespectful, I call it being reactionary to the fact that you have shown ZERO respect to any poster here with either a UCF affiliation or a differing opinion from you.

I love it that the UCFer that posted isn't being disrespectful but I am. 

Did he make fun of a poster?  No, you did.  End of story.

• Content Count:  398

Shh...don't talk like that.  Some may think there is a rivalry and Trip will not tolerate that. ;)

Hahaha. Most of it has spawned from me constantly visiting Orlando to see my parents, and all the UCF stuff has rubbed me the wrong way.

Besides, a rivalry is a competition. When USF and UCF do battle on the field in football, you guys never show up. ;D

Hahaha. Most of it has spawned from me constantly visiting Orlando to see my parents, and all the UCF stuff has rubbed me the wrong way.

Besides, a rivalry is a competition. When USF and UCF do battle on the field in football, you guys never show up. ;D

I never had that problem.  When my rents lived in Sarasota, even though there was a regional campus there, only the Big 3 were talked about.  Now they live in the FIU area, but since it's FIU, no one talks about them in English. :D

I was trying to think of a witty comeback, but couldn't think of one.  While 2006 was a respectable game, 2005 and 2007 sure weren't.  We haven't had a good QB in 4 years, so I'm hoping one of these newer kids can at least help balance the team enough to make it a good showing this year.

Archived