• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Check Out Greg's Blog - He posted his Big East vote

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

Jeff Mullen is the name with the biggest question mark when discussing the WVU offense. He's their new OC who has never called a single play anywhere, he's already implementing new terminology and new wrinkles to their offense. WVU will not be the same team we've seen the last few years.

• Content Count:  743

I think thats a very fair assessment. WVU's offense is still going to be scary good this year with Devine in the backfield. Yeah, he's small but he runs hard and has home run ability every time he touches the ball. I think he's going to have a great year, similar to what Garrett Wolfe did at Northern Illinois. I definitely think we're the second best team in the league with a chance at the BE title.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

The decision to hire Stewart was an emotional choice and not such a logical choice.  IMO, USF should be relieved to play them in the 13th game of the Stewart era and not the 2nd.

Much like after the Coker hiring at UM and the guy who replaced Osbourne at NU, WVU will slide toward mediocrity as the next few years wear on.  Unlike the situations at UM and NU  Stewart does not take over a team nearly as loaded with talent top to bottom.

I know I look like a hater, but geesh, they didn't even interview the guy.  They woke up hungover from an emotional win that culminated a gut wrenching, confidence shattering month and gave the interim the job (and lowballed him financially btw).  Someone please find me the precedent where this is a solid decision.  IMO, if WVU sucks it up, goes outside the program,  and throws serious coin at the Boise State coach (or a deserving dynamic coach of his ilk) they are perennial NC competitors.

When Schnellenberger stuck it to UM, UM recognized what it had going and made the smart decision to open the purse strings and go outside the program to a young Jimmy Johnson (then at OKState) . . . . . and a surprise champion became a DYNASTY.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Greg,

What bowl are we going to?  See if you're as good as that other guy.  :)

• Content Count:  277

WVU is replacing some serious help Offensively at the skill positions. And we don't know if theur new RB will last a season, although I think he will.

Their D has many holes to fill.

New coach.

Go BULLS !!!

Noel Devine will make a lot of folks in M-Town forget about Steve Slaton by mid-season.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

WVU is replacing some serious help Offensively at the skill positions. And we don't know if theur new RB will last a season, although I think he will.

Their D has many holes to fill.

New coach.

Go BULLS !!!

Noel Devine will make a lot of folks in M-Town forget about Steve Slaton by mid-season.

question is can he carry the load as a primary back for a full college season. 

Archived