• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Check Out Greg's Blog - He posted his Big East vote

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

His projected rankings are very similar to what I have seen from a lot of people.  My only question is how is everyone so quick to put West Virginia so easily at the top of the league with so many questions and changes to the entire program.  So many people question how nour defense will play after losing Moffitt, Trae and Jenkins, but I have seen very few question (at least Greg makes note of this) WVU losing 7 starters from defense.  They lose Schmitt, Slaton and Reynaud (Slaton and Reynaud were the top 2 receivers).  As talented as he is, we have no idea if Devine can carry the load as an every down back. 

I'm not saying WVU isn't a good team, but there seems to be a lot of things we don't know about the team for everyone to hand them the Big East title so easily.

• Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

I agree with his choices.

1. West Virginia is the top dog till they get knocked off. New coach, unproven defense could hurt them.

2. USF. We are the deepest team right now but we must prove we can win games we should win. Grothe td/int ratio MUST improve

3. UConn- returns a lot. Can they be as fortunate as last year. can their offense improve?

4. Pitt- lots of talent good D,good RB, but questions at QB and can Wanstead win as a coach?

5. Rutgers- Can Teel and offense be as effective without Rice?

6. Cincy- QB must step up. Can their offense score points. Dont think they have all th parts yet there.

7. UL-  Can they right the ship with this HC?. can their new QB be effective with shaky team and shaky defence?

8. SU- Lots of holes to still feel. The worst team inl league.

I think WV and USF are the tops in the league.

UConn-Cincy- Pitt and Rutgers are all pretty close to each other.

UL is a step back and SU is in its own area code.

WVU is not changing much at all... their offense this year will be the same as last year... and preseason rankings are as much about last season as they are about the upcoming season.  WVU also returns their entire OL - and with a spread option offense, that is key.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

WVU is not changing much at all... their offense this year will be the same as last year... and preseason rankings are as much about last season as they are about the upcoming season.  WVU also returns their entire OL - and with a spread option offense, that is key.

They will be running the same system but can they replace 3 key starters in Slaton, Reynaud, and Schmidtt.  All 3 of those we're big keys to their offensive success last season and the years past.  Also losing 7 on defense hurts a alot.  Same scheme but a lot of new and unproven faces will be stepping into key roles.  However they are at worst 1-1a in BE projections imo but at the same time i wouldn't be very surprised to see them finish in the middle of the pack in the BE race. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

WVU is going to be very interesting this season.  I don't know that I give them the top spot with all the change, but I'm no expert. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,565
  • Days Won:  29

WVU is replacing some serious help Offensively at the skill positions. And we don't know if theur new RB will last a season, although I think he will.

Their D has many holes to fill.

New coach.

Go BULLS !!!

ET -- They are only replacing three skill positions and Reynaud - and it's not like Devine is inexperienced -- he ran for 660 yards last year -- only 19 fewer than Mike Ford!  And it's not like they are a run first team ... White/Brown had almost as many yards rushing as they did throwing the ball.  Plus they do have two starting WRs returning.

They have new starters on defense, but only 1 of the 7 new starters is an underclassman -- so I expect the other 6 juniors and seniors to have significant experience

Sure, there will be questions because of the new coaches... and whether little Devine can be the go-to back... but I think WVU has a few questions as USF.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

WVU is planning to tweak the offense this upcoming season, they plan on going vertical more often to stretch the field and take advantage of teams that load the box, such as USF did to them last year.  That could make them very potent or lead to alot of turnovers, since I have not seen Pat White throw downfield often into tight coverage.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

HEY ET!  GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK, BROHAM!

Archived