• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Getting Ready - Week Three

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

By now, you know the deal with the “Getting Ready†series.  I selfishly pick out what I think are key games of interest each week of the upcoming season and then cleverly demonstrate how witty I am as I write about them.

Week 3 is the Big East’s week.  It’s a make or break week for BE out of conference play.  Opportunities abound for BE braggin’ rights.  So let’s get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!  Big East week starts on Thursday night.

Thursday, September 11 (has it been 7 years already?)

UNC @ Rutgers - Remember how much of a pummeling we put on the Tar Heels last season?  It should be interesting to tune into ESPN Thursday night to see this game.  Can the Riceless Ruby Kanights dump the Heels at home like we did last season?  Does Butch have the Heels ready for prime time?  We shall see.

Friday, September 12

Kansas @ USF – Just a little fracas down at Ray Jay Stadium on ESPN2.  This is the Super Bowl, before the Super Bowl.  We owe the basketball school a punch in the nose.  If USF wants to be prime time, this is our game for early season ‘08 (repeat after me, “Auburn ‘07, Auburn ‘07, Auburn ‘07â€Â).

Saturday, September 13

Virginia @ UConn – Woe ho, the Puppies have a REAL game this week.  No more Purina Puppy Chow on the menu for the Connvicts.  They better bring their good “D†game to uphold the BE brand.  Now FETCH puppy.

Penn State @ Syracuse – Hide your women and children.  This ain’t your gandpa’s Syracuse Orangemen.  JoePa never had it so easy against the Orange when he could see without coke bottle bottoms in front of his eyes.  I can hear JoePa at halftime, “This is Syracuse?  Jim Brown, Floyd Little, Larry Csonka, Donovan McNabb Syracuse?  Really????â€Â

Arkansas @ Texas – I used to love this game in the old Southwest Conference days when I was a kid.  The question of today is, ‘Will Coach Petrino still be coach of the Hogs by the time this game rolls around, or will he have moved on to Western Wyoming JC by this point in the season?’

Western Kentucky @ Alabama – After LaMo (Louisiana-Monroe) knocked off the Tide last season, I guess anything is possible.  What makes this scenario interesting is to see if Saban will be able to invent some new excuses for the Tide losing to such a mighty foe, which will mean he’ll have to justify his hefty salary once again.

Michigan @ ND – Yawn….Remember when this game was relevant?  Oh yeah, I suppose we need our old buddy RichRod and USF Coaching North to win this one for their old conference friends.

Ohio State @ USC – What the f______?  I thought the Rose Bowl was played in January?  The big question for this game is:  Are the fans of the losing team going to chant, “Rematch, rematch†after the game?

The other Big East sissies you ask?  They have the week off to preen and try to look purdy.

There you have it.  It’s Week 3 winning by a TKO.  Let’s hope some BE teams knock out their OOC opponents as we dizzily look ahead to Week 4 next week.

Normal  ;D 8)

• Content Count:  12,293

arent you getting a little ahead of yourself?  its still 75+ days until the first game.  at this rate, you will be through the season before the end of June.

I do one week per week.  I don't think I will finish the season by the end of June.  It's never too early to talk about an upcoming college football season.

Your post is an example of the reason many do not like to post on this forum.  All I am trying to do is add some fun and information with a little humor to this forum during a relatively slow period for USF athletics and you have nothing useful to add other than discouragement.  Just don't read the posts if they bother you.

Normal

• Content Count:  4,016

I do one week per week.  I don't think I will finish the season by the end of June.  It's never too early to talk about an upcoming college football season.

Your post is an example of the reason many do not like to post on this forum.  All I am trying to do is add some fun and information with a little humor to this forum during a relatively slow period for USF athletics and you have nothing useful to add other than discouragement.  Just don't read the posts if they bother you.

Normal

Normal, like I said in an earlier thread this board is like a crazed Star Wars movie.  Every topic a group feels like they have to be negative, or 'enlightened' in their own minds.  It's like a good v. evil battle on every thread.  In about another hour or so smazza will hop in and tell you 'USF fans should not be excited about playing KU, and you have nothing to be arrogant about', and then some will defend him, some will attack him...and away it goes.

Thanks Steve.  The other Steve (smazza) actually posted in one of the first two that the Getting Ready was 'well done.'  Hopefully he was commenting about my offering and not ordering a steak.  :D

Normal

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Thanks Steve.  The other Steve (smazza) actually posted in one of the first two that the Getting Ready was 'well done.'  Hopefully he was commenting about my offering and not ordering a steak.   :D

Normal

that sbien can be so negative at times

i love your posts

keep them coming

unc will be a vastly different team then team usf played

usf should handle kansas easily

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

arent you getting a little ahead of yourself?  its still 75+ days until the first game.  at this rate, you will be through the season before the end of June.

stfu.... u whine like a 5 year old girl. I like the post.

• Content Count:  4,016

Thanks Steve.  The other Steve (smazza) actually posted in one of the first two that the Getting Ready was 'well done.'  Hopefully he was commenting about my offering and not ordering a steak.   :D

Normal

that sbien can be so negative at times

i love your posts

keep them coming

unc will be a vastly different team then team usf played

usf should handle kansas easily

well if you expose'm enough sometimes people can change. ;D  Gotta feel this isn't long lasting.

• Content Count:  12,293

stfu.... u whine like a 5 year old girl. I like the post.

i like these posts too...if you would go back to his 1st post of week 1 i complimented him on them.

and normal, you took my post the wrong way.  i wasnt trying to be negative.  but i can see how you could of taken it that way.  i should of added that i wish you would slow down a little bit because when these weeks come around your posts will be on pg 34 of this board.

either way, its a message board and people should be able to take the bad with the good and not let it affect what they post or if they post.

• Content Count:  292

do not take ucf lightly i repeat do not take ucf lightly

Archived