• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Agree or not, there we are... Phil Steele 2008...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

that is good to see.....hopefully it will influence some of the other pollsters and we will get that preseason top 25 in the AP Poll and coaches poll.

• Content Count:  291

Top 15 yes Top 10 no.

preseason rankings are so hard to determine.  you are dealing with kids who are 18-22 years old.  there is still a lot of growing and learning going on and certain kids come out of no where (selvie last season) to be superstars and others who show promise; kinda plateu out and never reach that "potential"

as long as we have a number next to our name to start the season i dont care what it is.  after the kansas game we should have a pretty good idea what our BCS bowl game chances are.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Phil Steele is on every friday on rivals radio with Bill King, you can listen via the website: http://rivalsradio.rivals.com/radio.asp

Last year Phil Steele predicted the Bulls rise and he is for the most part very accurate.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I for one watched the UF Gators for years as the destructed when they were ranked in teh 15 - 25 range to start the season.

I hope we start unranked and gain ranking later on. 

If not then everyone is gunning for us. 

Would rather see us undefeated and get ranked around the 5th game or so....  Then bring it all home by winning down until the end...

• Content Count:  398

Yeah, I'm not sure we exactly deserve a Top 10 ranking especially after our bowl showing.

And whoever it is that keeps posting about this on UCF boards needs to STOP. I don't understand why anyone would willingly go over there, register, and then start making fire-fueling posts. Just like we wander over to read stuff once in a while (hey, I do it sometimes), you know they come over here and read our board. I figure if they want to know something badly about us, they can find it on the Bullspen themselves.

I just don't understand why USF people purposely start stuff. You're not helping our case at all.

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

And whoever it is that keeps posting about this on UCF boards needs to STOP. I don't understand why anyone would willingly go over there, register, and then start making fire-fueling posts. Just like we wander over to read stuff once in a while (hey, I do it sometimes), you know they come over here and read our board. I figure if they want to know something badly about us, they can find it on the Bullspen themselves.

I just don't understand why USF people purposely start stuff. You're not helping our case at all.

+1

Time to move on, people.

And whoever it is that keeps posting about this on UCF boards needs to STOP. I don't understand why anyone would willingly go over there, register, and then start making fire-fueling posts.

or even worse...when someone who is a USF "fan" registers on as a UCF fan and then goes around to other message boards acting like idiots....oh wait, we only had one idiot do that.  the rest are actual UCF idiots.

I for one watched the UF Gators for years as the destructed when they were ranked in teh 15 - 25 range to start the season.

I hope we start unranked and gain ranking later on. 

If not then everyone is gunning for us. 

Would rather see us undefeated and get ranked around the 5th game or so....  Then bring it all home by winning down until the end...

NO!!!  this way of thinking needs to be over with.  We NEED to get use to people "gunning" for us.  seems like every time the pressure gets put on us we fall (Rutgers, Oregon)  I say put the target on our  backs from day 1 and find out what we are made of.

as for your gators example...im sure for everyone of those examples (being ranked around 15 and failing) there are hundred examples of those teams deserving the ranking and go onto very successful seasons

i think we need to start the season ranked if we want any hope of getting back to the top 5.  last year's fluke of all those losses in front of us won't happen again.

Archived