• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not looking good for the Lady Bulls....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Dan I am not picking on you. I appreciate you care to look up the score and share it with everybody. Please this isn't personal. Too many people say the wrong thing. This forum should be the most knowledgeable Bulls fans out there and I keep reading posts from great USF fans calling our women's teams the "lady Bulls"

While FSU's men's teams are the Seminoles, and their women are the "Lady Seminoles"

At USF the men are the "Bulls" and our women are the "Bulls" ..... that is the correct way to refer to our women's teams, the term "lady Bulls" is not possible, but may mean cows.

This isn't my opinion but the way it is. Please don't find an article from the gousfbulls site written by an intern as proof I am wrong, but ask someone knowledgeable. Please don't point out mistakes in my post, it isn't perfect, I just wish when we represent our school to others we do it accurately.

Sorry if I offened anyone.

LOL...

I really don't think someone will correct him on the street for saying "Lady Bulls."

Congrats on wasting good board space!

Actually, funny thing....someone at work mentioned that to me TODAY.  He told me that Lady Bulls makes no sense whatsoever because that would really mean cows.  So yes....people will say something.

And I see what RealitySmackdown, I don't like the term Lady Bulls, it just makes no sense at all.  People here need to calm down and stop attacking people for bringing up something he wanted to say.  It's a message board, he can do that!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Dan I am not picking on you. I appreciate you care to look up the score and share it with everybody. Please this isn't personal. Too many people say the wrong thing. This forum should be the most knowledgeable Bulls fans out there and I keep reading posts from great USF fans calling our women's teams the "lady Bulls"

While FSU's men's teams are the Seminoles, and their women are the "Lady Seminoles"

At USF the men are the "Bulls" and our women are the "Bulls" ..... that is the correct way to refer to our women's teams, the term "lady Bulls" is not possible, but may mean cows.

This isn't my opinion but the way it is. Please don't find an article from the gousfbulls site written by an intern as proof I am wrong, but ask someone knowledgeable. Please don't point out mistakes in my post, it isn't perfect, I just wish when we represent our school to others we do it accurately.

Sorry if I offened anyone.

::)

:violin

He told me that Lady Bulls makes no sense whatsoever because that would really mean cows. 

So does that mean when we call a woman a "Bull," we are insinuating that they are butch and have a big wanker and testes?

Jesus some people take this stuff wayyy too literally.  This argument is even more trivial and inane than the helmet color debate.  You'd think by calling them "Lady Bulls" someone had referred to them as "those talentless softball b****es."  It's really not that serious.

Technically, RealitySmackdown may be right... But being a smarty-pants message board know-it-all is always grounds for epic fail, even if the underlying point may have a very small, miniscule, modicum of merit to it [emphasis on very small.]

Somewhere in cyberspace fans of UGA and Fresno State are having a heated debate about their fans referring to their softball team as the "Lady Bulldogs."

oh look, the University of Georgia does refer to its womens BBall team as "Lady Bulldogs."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/clubhouse?teamId=61

OH NOEZZzZ!!!11  That must mean they're "b***ches!!!"

Gimme a forkin break!! 

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

:Duh :Duh :Duh :Duh

:flush :flush :flush :flush

:withstupid :withstupid :withstupid

:pain :pain :pain

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

He told me that Lady Bulls makes no sense whatsoever because that would really mean cows. 

So does that mean when we call a woman a "Bull," we are insinuating that they are butch and have a big wanker and testes?

Jesus some people take this stuff wayyy too literally.  This argument is even more trivial and inane than the helmet color debate.  You'd think by calling them "Lady Bulls" someone had referred to them as "those talentless softball b****es."   It's really not that serious.

Technically, RealitySmackdown may be right... But being a smarty-pants message board know-it-all is always grounds for epic fail, even if the underlying point may have a very small, miniscule, modicum of merit to it [emphasis on very small.]

Somewhere in cyberspace fans of UGA and Fresno State are having a heated debate about their fans referring to their softball team as the "Lady Bulldogs."

The thing is that "Bulls" is a team name, not a team description. A lot of college teams have male oriented names but often use the "Lady" designation for the female squads.... heck, USC uses "Lady Gamecocks" which is just as off as ours but I sincerely doubt you'll find many, if any, anal retentive South Carolina fans pointing that out .... Bottom line is that our girls teams are Bulls and they are ladies and there is nothing wrong with using the term "Lady Bulls".

• Content Count:  2,307

Jesus some people take this stuff wayyy too literally.  This argument is even more trivial and inane than the helmet color debate.  You'd think by calling them "Lady Bulls" someone had referred to them as "those talentless softball b****es."   It's really not that serious.

The thing is that "Bulls" is a team name, not a team description. A lot of college teams have male oriented names but often use the "Lady" designation for the female squads.... heck, USC uses "Lady Gamecocks" which is just as off as ours but I sincerely doubt you'll find many, if any, anal retentive South Carolina fans pointing that out .... Bottom line is that our girls teams are Bulls and they are ladies and there is nothing wrong with using the term "Lady Bulls".

Yeah, I know, I've said the phrase several times, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sound funny.

And thanks for not posting like a jackass like "bully".  Some people really need to understand that not everyone agrees on everything.

• Content Count:  39

I feel bad I started such a big arguement.

Every school publishes correct and incorrect ways to refer to the school, often that is in media guides, but not always. USF has put this information out in the past, example, I remember a big discussion in the past about calling USF "South Florida" which USF deems incorrect (even though I like it better), USF also asks not be refered to in print as "S Florida" or "So. Fla." and that the accectable versions are "USF" or "University of South Florida" (always with the word University)

I have stated on here and to Dan that my original post was not meant to be a attack on him but more of sharing something with everyone. In return I have been called anal, smarty pants know it all, and implied to get off the message board. For the mistake I made in posting my message as a reply to Dan instead of starting a new thread I have paid my debt and then some. Everyone has an opinion and I respect their right to voice it, but sometimes people should not use a screen name they can hide behind as an excuse to be mean. I offered my information, make your choice to believe it or not, accept it or not. Now it is time to move on, since the game is over and everyone know our softball team's season is over (and they did have a very good season, NCAA strugles or not). Let me once again, apologize to Dan, who I never intended to attack, and ask someone to lock this thread, since it really doesnt serve any future purpose other than to attack me.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

This thread is FTL.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Yeah, I know, I've said the phrase several times, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sound funny.

I've said it several times too and, to be honest, it sounded entirely natural and I didn't understand why until I actually wrote it out up there .....

And thanks for not posting like a jackass like "bully".  Some people really need to understand that not everyone agrees on everything.

Everybody has their own way of getting their message across ...... Bully tends to be a bit "direct".  ::)

lo siento nena... nunca queria enojar una mujer respetable como tu... solamente estaba jodiendo. visita seccion 125 fila M durante la temporada y dejame comprarte una cerveza para compensarte por esa ofensa.  "let me make it up to you"  ;)

de todos modos... tienes un MySpace?  quiero ver todo tu esplendor y belleza dominicana.  jeje..

Archived