• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not looking good for the Lady Bulls....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

USF's getting pounded pretty bad, 7-2 Georgia Tech, bottom of the fourth.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  39

Dan I am not picking on you. I appreciate you care to look up the score and share it with everybody. Please this isn't personal. Too many people say the wrong thing. This forum should be the most knowledgeable Bulls fans out there and I keep reading posts from great USF fans calling our women's teams the "lady Bulls"

While FSU's men's teams are the Seminoles, and their women are the "Lady Seminoles"

At USF the men are the "Bulls" and our women are the "Bulls" ..... that is the correct way to refer to our women's teams, the term "lady Bulls" is not possible, but may mean cows.

This isn't my opinion but the way it is. Please don't find an article from the gousfbulls site written by an intern as proof I am wrong, but ask someone knowledgeable. Please don't point out mistakes in my post, it isn't perfect, I just wish when we represent our school to others we do it accurately.

Sorry if I offened anyone.

• Content Count:  526

Dan I am not picking on you. I appreciate you care to look up the score and share it with everybody. Please this isn't personal. Too many people say the wrong thing. This forum should be the most knowledgeable Bulls fans out there and I keep reading posts from great USF fans calling our women's teams the "lady Bulls"

While FSU's men's teams are the Seminoles, and their women are the "Lady Seminoles"

At USF the men are the "Bulls" and our women are the "Bulls" ..... that is the correct way to refer to our women's teams, the term "lady Bulls" is not possible, but may mean cows.

This isn't my opinion but the way it is. Please don't find an article from the gousfbulls site written by an intern as proof I am wrong, but ask someone knowledgeable. Please don't point out mistakes in my post, it isn't perfect, I just wish when we represent our school to others we do it accurately.

Sorry if I offened anyone.

Your 100% correct...Its not the Lady Bulls. However maybe it should be.  If the womans teams are ok with it then we should implement that change.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Picky, picky! LOL

By having LADY Bulls in the title alerts people that you are talking about the Women's Softball team as distinguished from the Men's Baseball team which was also playing at the same time. I find nothing wrong with using it the way you did.

• Content Count:  919

That was the most apologetic 'Reality Smackdown" I've ever heard.  Or read.

I hit hard when I need to, Dan didn't do anything wrong, he was showing interest in our softball team, which is awesome.

"Lady Bulls" is equally incorrect as "University of Southern Florida" we get up in arms when an oursider (like TV broadcasters) get our University name wrong, or our nickname wrong, our football team isn't the Bulldogs (CBS, are you listening) and our softball team isn't the "lady Bulls"

But I want to be careful it is USF Athletics that needs to lead this charge to being correct in how we refer to our teams.

I hit hard when I need to, Dan didn't do anything wrong, he was showing interest in our softball team, which is awesome.

"Lady Bulls" is equally incorrect as "University of Southern Florida" we get up in arms when an oursider (like TV broadcasters) get our University name wrong, or our nickname wrong, our football team isn't the Bulldogs (CBS, are you listening) and our softball team isn't the "lady Bulls"

But I want to be careful it is USF Athletics that needs to lead this charge to being correct in how we refer to our teams.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a message board and not a nationally broadcast game. We ALL Knew what he was talking about in the title of the thread, and most of us aren't so hung up on his misuse that we feel the NEED to correct him. If it was my thread, I'd tell you to find the score of the game for yourself next time.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a message board and not a nationally broadcast game. We ALL Knew what he was talking about in the title of the thread, and most of us aren't so hung up on his misuse that we feel the NEED to correct him. If it was my thread, I'd tell you to find the score of the game for yourself next time.

I watched the game on stat tacker, so I didn't read his post for a score, and I wasn't trying to correct him, which is why I took such a soft tone in my post. What he did was great, my post was more of a public service announcement hoping we all can set an example to other teams fans who come on this message board. I did take a shot at CBS calling us the Bulldogs in the Sun Bowl, but otherwise I ecourage Dan to keep posting about softball and all of our sports, my post wasn't to him, he just reminded me to tell everyone we should be accurate. I don't know why you are so hostile to me, I have not wronged you, Mamabull.

When you choose a screen name "Reality Smackdown" it is quite apparent where you are coming from.

I can't imagine how this message board has been able to exist without your 13 posts!

I hope I haven't offended you.  ::)

• Content Count:  526

for my two cents... I think its normal for any of us Bulls to call the womans teams "lady" especially if they are playing on the same day.  I guess we could say "woman" Bulls but for many reason we have taken to "lady" Bullls.   Maybe its cuz its easier to type since we're on a message board or maybe its cuz we prefer to refer to woman as ladies, I don't know.  All I can say is that I think the majority of Bullspenners know that we don't refer to womans sports as "Lady."  

Besides, I don't care what outsider trolls think about us.  If they don't like us, then they shouldn't be here.  I have every right to call USF the University of Southern Florida or whatever else the idiotic think up cuz I bleed Green and Gold.  

Sorry for the rant smackdown. I believe you to bleed Green and Gold too so I will always back you against any outsider. I'm just trying to tell that I don't think the poster was writing without knowledge of  our womans programs or their official name.

Archived