• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

St Pete Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

They have said that the new stadium will accommodate the St Pete Bowl.  The only time they will have to have it offsite is the one year that will overlap between the demolition of the Trop and the completion of the new stadium.

I wouild guess that they would wait till the new stadium is done before demolishing the Trop.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

who would pay for a new stadium to be built

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

dodger stadium and anaheim are great stadiums

as a kid yankee and shea stadium were great venues

• Content Count:  2,726

To be honest...Shea is a dump.  lol  The Trop is much better than Shea. 

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  99

Baseball isn't the same in less played outside??  That is rediculous...

The only problem with the trop is the location, but it's hardly bad for baseball.

The only thing ridiculous is your spelling of "rediculous". You are part of a very small minority that likes indoor baseball. I go to many games there and can tell you it just isn't right. The location is fine and the new location will be even better. In most other cities it takes much longer to get to games and parking is also a lot more difficult. The problem is the dome and the play of the team. The new ownership has already corrected one of the problems and is working hard on the other. It will be a great day when they break ground on the new ballpark.

Side note - For the record you know the new stadium will have a retractable sail like roof that has been proven(in Europe/Australia) to lower the temperature by about 15 degrees and block everything but the most severe rain storms.  Also 95% of the games will be played at 7pm when it will be much cooler. They are currently keeping track of gametime conditons on a blog on tampabay.com and everygame played at home so far would have fallen into the comfortable range(no rain either!). I know it is early and hasn't really heated up, but they already have played about a quarter of their home games.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

It's like playing football in a dome......maybe worse.  I remember going to all of the Bucs road games at Atlanta.  I felt like I was walking into a hockey game.  The only dome I've ever enjoyed watching a game in was the Superdome, but then, being in N'awlins, you are (or should be) so shelled by the time you get to the place that it wouldn't matter if you were watching the game in an airplane hangar.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Maybe they should move Basketball and hockey to outdoor stadiums.  Imagine the new sports potential.......... ::)

• Content Count:  99

Maybe they should move Basketball and hockey to outdoor stadiums.  Imagine the new sports potential.......... ::)

Now that is rediculous! :o   

Actually didn't they sell like 50,000 tickets to an outdoor hockey game in January in Buffalo. :-*

I don't think anyone is saying they should move basketball or hockey outside, but thanks for adding nothing to the argument chief.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Now that is rediculous! :o   

Actually didn't they sell like 50,000 tickets to an outdoor hockey game in January in Buffalo. :-*

I don't think anyone is saying they should move basketball or hockey outside, but thanks for adding nothing to the argument chief.

Actually, a crowd of 71,000 paid to see the Sabres/Penguins game in Buffalo back on January 1, 2008...and the game drew the highest NHL TV ratings in 12 years!

The big bonus from that game (as far as TV ratings were concerned) is that is SNOWED for much of the game...as the NHL greats had to play back in the elements...just like the fans did as kids growing up (players too!).

It was GREAT!

NOTE: Unlike most NHL Games...THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of Pittsburgh fans made the trip up to Buffalo for this special game...as fans treated it like a College BOWL GAME...aka a very COLD Bowl Game.

crosby_sidney_celebrates_winter_classic_230x315.jpg

7a984y_large.jpg

fans_upper010108_325x235.jpg

See ESPN Photo gallery from rink set up to game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/flash/zoomGallery?section=gen&photoGalleryId=3176292

Video highlights from the game:

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20072008,2,584

Archived