• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

St Pete Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe they should move Basketball and hockey to outdoor stadiums.  Imagine the new sports potential.......... ::)

Now that is rediculous! :o   

Actually didn't they sell like 50,000 tickets to an outdoor hockey game in January in Buffalo. :-*

I don't think anyone is saying they should move basketball or hockey outside, but thanks for adding nothing to the argument chief.

Actually, a crowd of 71,000 paid to see the Sabres/Penguins game in Buffalo back on January 1, 2008...and the game drew the highest NHL TV ratings in 12 years!

The big bonus from that game (as far as TV ratings were concerned) is that is SNOWED for much of the game...as the NHL greats had to play back in the elements...just like the fans did as kids growing up (players too!).

It was GREAT!

See ESPN Photo gallery from rink set up to game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/flash/zoomGallery?section=gen&photoGalleryId=3176292

yeah i acctually watched that game, and i hate hockey

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

They shouldn't over do playing hocket outside.  Keep it special; maybe once a year in Canada and then once in someplace like Buffalo, Minnesota or Detroit.  The NHL would be stupid to let the novelty wear off too quickly.

Archived