• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats to BJ Daniels...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Is he going to try to play basketball for us?

He will get a chance to try out but nothing is in stone yet.  Or at least that was the last i heard on the situation. 

• Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

We are set at QB for the next 5 years.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

As much as I would love to see better talent on the bball court for USF, we don't need our starting QB playing basketball.  Besides, we have enough guards and the bball competition this kid played against in HS was not exactly stellar.

• Content Count:  12,293

relax...does the name Xaiver Lee mean anything to you?  He was Mr Football and Mr Basketball for the entire state and look what happened.  I'm not saying BJ is gonna end up like X-Lee but sometimes the success does not transfer over for one reason or another.

Lets hope BJ contiunes to excel on and off the field when he arrives in Tampa

• Content Count:  291

relax...does the name Xaiver Lee mean anything to you?  He was Mr Football and Mr Basketball for the entire state and look what happened.  I'm not saying BJ is gonna end up like X-Lee but sometimes the success does not transfer over for one reason or another.

Of course Lee rings a bell, im a HUGE Seminole fan, way before i was USF fan. Lee is/was better than Weatherford, he just never got enough time on the field to mature into the raw athlete he was in HS.

• Content Count:  1,757

Of course Lee rings a bell, im a HUGE Seminole fan, way before i was USF fan. Lee is/was better than Weatherford, he just never got enough time on the field to mature into the raw athlete he was in HS.

His complaining to the media about playing time and possibly transferring to another school early in his carrer may have helped him into Bowden's version of the "doghouse". 

I don't see Daniels bringing the baggage (and ego) Lee had.  If these newspaper articles are correct, he sounds like his head is screwed on straight. 

Archived