• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

rutgers news

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

RUTGERS’ QB OF FUTURE PAYS VISIT

By DAN MARTIN

May 4, 2008 -- It wasn't difficult to pick out Tom Savage from the other top quarterbacks on the field at Rutgers Stadium yesterday. You just had to look for the guy throwing the tightest spirals.

Rutgers hopes that becomes a familiar sight in years to come, Savage, who will be a senior at Cardinal O'Hara High School in Springfield, Pa., in the fall, already has verbally committed to the Scarlet Knights and was on his future campus yesterday at Football University, a training camp for elite high school players.

"I was here last year, but this time, it's different," Savage said. "Last time, I was confused as to what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go. Now, I know this is where I'm going to be soon. I didn't think everything would change so quickly."

The 6-foot-3 Savage is considered to be one of the top recruits brought in by coach Greg Schiano, and yesterday, he stood yards away from construction site for the stadium's expansion, as Rutgers tries to become a consistent national power.

Savage figures to play a crucial role in the team's future. He spurned schools with more established football programs, such as Miami, Georgia and Tennessee, to play in Piscataway.

When Savage arrived last month to the team's spring game, he quickly was recognized by fans who began chanting his name as he made his way through the stands.

"I was surprised by how many people knew who I was," said Savage, who added he had been to the stadium eight times already. "I look around here, and I see what they have already done and I can see what they want to do. I want to be a part of that. They're going to bowl games every year, and I think I can come in and continue that."

He didn't intend to commit as soon as he did, but wanted to get the process over with, which was fine with Rutgers.

Rutgers also is in the process of trying to improve its basketball future this weekend. The Scarlet Knights hosted former Bishop Loughlin standout Devin Ebanks, considered one of the nation's top players. The former Indiana recruit, released from his letter of intent when former coach Kelvin Sampson was fired for committing NCAA violations, is considering RU, Memphis and Texas.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

hopefully he's like another great QB, Pat White, and always loses to us!

• Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

hopefully he's like another great QB, Pat White, and always loses to us!

White started against USF in 2005, when WVU won.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Touche.  However, in 3 games our D has done pretty well against Pat White and the WVU offense.  Even in the 2005 loss our D played pretty well except for 2 plays where White made them look stupid.  Having said that, Jarret brown scares me more and I hope he does not play against us this year.

Archived