• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game Draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Kion is injured. 

I would put The Hybrid in there (Chris Robinson).  He's healthy and ready to hurt some people, and SHOULD and WILL be starting.

It's odd that a guy with his athletic ability can't break in somewhere.  Got to be more to it than we're seeing.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Kion is injured. 

I would put The Hybrid in there (Chris Robinson).  He's healthy and ready to hurt some people, and SHOULD and WILL be starting.

It's odd that a guy with his athletic ability can't break in somewhere.  Got to be more to it than we're seeing.

must not be that good a football player

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

After watching some fairly boring spring games over the past 4 or 5 years-- that wouldn't be bad either.

What, a nice score of 7-6 (with having to re-kick the second PAT to avoid a tie!) isn't fun enough for you?!?!?

haw haw

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

As someone had brought up on the Scout boards, I don't like this so much with it patching together the O-Line for both teams...

I'd rather see it where Grothe with the 1st O-Line and Gregory with the 2nd O-Line seed the teams, and then draft everyone else from there.

I agree with this-- put 1st team offense with 2nd team defense on one squad and vice versa on second squad. Draft the rest of the players. That way we get to see our 1st team offense play the first team defense-- second play second (a balanced game more or less). It also keeps the teams balanced and in tune with each other.

some schools like to pit the 1st team offense against the second team D--- and vice versa-- with scoring being overinflated. After watching some fairly boring spring games over the past 4 or 5 years-- that wouldn't be bad either.

because of risk of injury i am leaning against these games but if you do play them i like above formula

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Nothing good comes out of playing 1st team vs 1st team this early in the year.  If the offense lights it up, then everyone dogs the defense for 5 months and if the offense doesn't score, then everyone panics about the offense and calls for a new QB for the next 5 months.

I think a draft is the perfect way to go as it builds comraderie among the players and it keeps message boards from overreacting more than we already will.

• Content Count:  12,471
  • Days Won:  25

Maybe one of the small kegs!

Archived