• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kansas City QB has strong connections to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

the key question to all this is, is USF even looking at the kid, I saw no where on his list of schools interested in him USF's name.  while its all good that a kid from KC likes USF, talk to me when he shows up on USF's radar.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

we will see if we hear ingram's name on Sundays  he was a QB then a WR now a TE, that's a lot of adjusting.

Besides, my only point was, kids get all stary eyed about "someday I'll be a buckeye, sooner, gator, etc," that they forget to look at where they have the best chance to showcase their talent.

• Content Count:  771

so, when a recruiter goes out to XYZ Highschool and finds a player, how would you propose to sell the player on attending USF vs other Florida Schools?

Location of school

Location educational programs

Field of play

Promised play time

Media Market tv time

so, when a recruiter goes out to XYZ Highschool and finds a player, how would you propose to sell the player on attending USF vs other Florida Schools?

Location of school

Location educational programs

Field of play

Promised play time

Media Market tv time

I think our coaching staff already does an exellent job!

• Content Count:  4,016

we will see if we hear ingram's name on Sundays  he was a QB then a WR now a TE, that's a lot of adjusting.

Besides, my only point was, kids get all stary eyed about "someday I'll be a buckeye, sooner, gator, etc," that they forget to look at where they have the best chance to showcase their talent.

Yeah but what if they are 'showcasing' their talents at those bigger schools.  For USF it's great to tell a kid like Carlton Hill he'll play QB here but WR there, but Carlton Hill was possibly better suited for WR.  Many, many, many times those kids make the positional switch at those big schools and end up being NFL stars.  Those big programs that want a kid to switch positions are usually right on the mark with their assessment.  The kid will probably never be an NFL QB, he could go to say USF and play QB and be happy that he got to play QB but the NFL never calls because he never played at his optimal position- hello MB who was recruited for DB and WR coming out of HS.

Take Pat White.  He's living a great college dream as a stud QB at WVU, but the NFL is pretty clear that Pat White is not going to be a QB in the NFL.  So did Pat White hurt his NFL future by not properly showcasing his talents for the desire to reach his glory to be a college QB?  If Pat White goes to LSU as a scat'back or slot he's possibly a first round talent with that freakish speed, and amazing open field moves, now he's a QB the NFL is going to ask to convert to another position and probably not a first round pick because of it.

Really only the kids can make that decision because it is a personal one.  Engram made a smart choice because he's destine for NFL bigtime as he's projected as the #1 TE next year and a first round pick.  Did he miss it?  Would he have done himself a service playing QB at USF?  Only the player can answer that question but if their ultimate goal is the NFL and they are an elite player then you can't fault them for being willing to listen to the big programs that produce NFL 1st rounders annually and make a position switch.

USF makes position switch all the time. Who knows, Ingram may not have QB'd here either, but he was much better qualified at QB than Carlton Hill. Hill in high school was primarily a run first, throw if you can't QB. Ingram was more of a true passer.

Archived