• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Apartment Ideas

Economics_Nerd82

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Just got a new job in south Tampa. I am thinking of moving away from the university and closer to the new job. Anyone have any apartment complex recommendations? I am looking specifically on Harbour Island, Channelside, or Howard Ave area.

Thanks,

Nerd

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

just past bern's there is a lot of small apt buildings down the sidestreets.  hard to find unless you drive up and down every street.  a block from bayshore and a 5 minute drunk walk from all the bars.

I think i may have found some of them on craigslist when we were helping a freind moving in town.

also they converted a big complex next to macdintons to condos and i believe alot of them are rented out.

I lived in a place called Ashford.  It is just south of Kennedy on Lois Ave.  During the craze they converted it to condos and changed the name to Melrose Court.  It is nice.  wood floors and a square building with a pool in the middle.  I have seen some of those units for rent online.

• Content Count:  5,241

Well, it is the time to buy, so pending your $$$, I say go big and get a nice condo. Cant help you with any specific names, but go big!

• Content Count:  585

5 minute drunk walk from all the bars.

Got experience on that walk ehh?  ;D

Back on topic. On rent.com if you get an apartment on their website you can claim $100 for using them as a referral. Haven't done it myself so not sure how legit it is. Good luck.

Back on topic. On rent.com if you get an apartment on their website you can claim $100 for using them as a referral. Haven't done it myself so not sure how legit it is. Good luck.

friends lived down off of armenia a block south of kennedy and off of howard a block off of bayshore.  both were fun walks. 

• Content Count:  2,363

I can confirm it's legit--that's how I found my apt. when I moved to Tampa.

Just got a new job in south Tampa. I am thinking of moving away from the university and closer to the new job. Anyone have any apartment complex recommendations? I am looking specifically on Harbour Island, Channelside, or Howard Ave area.

Thanks,

Nerd

Also,

there arent many "complex's"  worth living at in South tampa.  Beat the streets and find small buildings where you want to live.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks,

Nerd

Also,

there arent many "complex's"  worth living at in South tampa.  Beat the streets and find small buildings where you want to live.

Complex... lack of a better work.

I plan to hit the streets. Was just looking for a few places to start with.

Thanks,

Nerd

Also,

Complex... lack of a better work.

I plan to hit the streets. Was just looking for places to start with.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/apa/612098562.html - I lived here. loved it. 

http://tampa.craigslist.org/apa/606266339.html  never have to drive to party from here.  walking distance to bars, bayshore, 5 min cab to channelside and ybor)search "madison at soho"  alot for rent--you can prolly get a deal.

that is a good start.  good rule, nothing south of gandy, nothing north of kennedy and you'll be hard pressed to find anything decent for less than $750-$800.

Also, search a lot.  Many of the nice apts were converted to condos and are now being rented by individuals instead of complexes.

• Content Count:  883

Here's some advice for you.  Don't rent.  You're just throwing your money away.  You can find some great deals right now if you put the time in.

Archived