• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wikipedia Help!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

If you have to move this topic, then that's fine.  Anyway, I created an article for our 2008 season:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_USF_Bulls_football_team

Some idiot thinks my article is not "notable" enough and wants to have it deleted.  He says I need "reliable third party" sources for this.

Ummm, let's see.  So far, the entire article consists of our schedule and that's it.  I linked the GoUSFBulls.com official schedule and that's about all I can do for now, right?  Here is what he said (from my Talk page):

Hello, I'm not quite sure 2008 USF Bulls football team meets the criteria for inclusion. In order to verify notability, reliable third-party sources are needed. Would you be able to find these? MSGJ (talk) 15:33, 4 March 2008 (UTC)

I'm sorry but that is not a third-party source. And yes, you do need these in order to show that the team is notable. We don't have projects and every football team, just notable ones. Please read wp:v and wp:notable for more information. MSGJ (talk) 15:55, 4 March 2008 (UTC)

My biggest complaints are as follows:

1. I created the 2007 article this exact same way - schedule first, fill some things in and let others do their thing as well.

2. If Notre Dame or Arkansas or Minnesota can have an article every year, why can't USF?

3. If this article is not "notable" enough, then why do all of the other articles exist?!?!

ARGH...this guy seems on a semi power-trip if you ask me.  It's gotta be the "talking heads" at ESPN behind it all!  Trying to keep USF down!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Steinbrenner loves ESPN

• Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

USF's offense is primarily a spread but it is consider a multi-formation offense by offensive coordinator Gregory.

• Content Count:  526

Well first of all, I don't think ANY team should have a wiki for every year.  I think it should be incorporated in their main football page.  If i understand you right, you want to create a completely seperate page. 

Besides that personal issue,  GoUSFBulls.com isn't a third party, or may not be considered one by others.  I suggest using links from ESPN, CBSSportsine, etc. 

Good Luck.

USF's offense is primarily a spread but it is consider a multi-formation offense by offensive coordinator Gregory.

Thats because we use BOTH spread sets and pro-style sets.

Well first of all, I don't think ANY team should have a wiki for every year.  I think it should be incorporated in their main football page.  If i understand you right, you want to create a completely seperate page. 

But what I am saying is that I did it last year and it was fine and dandy.  Shoot, I was even invited by the head moderator for college football to start up a project.  Not only that, but other teams get one.

I have no problem with not having this page, but these idiots have to at least be consistent with their moderating.

• Content Count:  760

He sounds like he might be an Auburn fan. He obviously didnt care last year, but this year he's a little bitter  :D

But what I am saying is that I did it last year and it was fine and dandy.  Shoot, I was even invited by the head moderator for college football to start up a project.  Not only that, but other teams get one.

I have no problem with not having this page, but these idiots have to at least be consistent with their moderating.

I understand you.  It should be consistent, regardless of my opinion.  They shouldn't just allow the BIG schools to do it.  Try a different source though.  See if that helps.

Thanks, dude!

• Content Count:  2,363

I'd bring it to the folks at WikiProject College Football http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:CFB they will certainly back you up. See this specifically: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_College_football/Notability#Team_Seasons as evidence of its notability.

Archived