• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL/Cincy - Long road trip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

So, I know a lot of us were debating on the UL trip, or WVU.

Now that the schedule is out, anyone thinking UL/Cincy as being more bang for your buck? You could fly out Friday and back Friday and catch both games.

I don't know if I will be able to do this or not, and with WVU being the finale, I am still undecided, but it would be a nice little football vacation.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Yep, it would be a good trip.  There would be at least 5 additional nights for a hotel though.l  If you're lucky enough to get a decent place for $60 a night, thats another $300.  Probably spend more on hotels than airfare.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I think Im just gonna buy an uber sweet HDTV for the long away games. And the games I go to and DVR...and every other game on tv

I'm debating it as well... Would probably do it "on the cheap"... drive up Friday, back Friday... cheap motels... would probably only work with a full car load... anything less and it might be cost prohibitive.

• Content Count:  398

I've never been to an away game without the band. I have no idea where to start if I should decide to go to an away game such as the WVU game this coming year...

Any suggestions?

(I've already read the RV post, and that is a definite no for me. Wayyy too long on the road for me.)

• Content Count:  4,642

anyone thinking of doing half the trip?  taking a few extra days and going to UL?  say, wednesday night to sunday morning?

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2,726

I'll tell ya, I did the trip two years ago and it is great.  I had two others in my little Infiniti G20 and we were just fine.

Its about 13-14 hours...

If you can make one...I'd say go to Louisville.  We might have a better chance to win there. 

InsasiaBull - I used to be the Trumpet Section Leader of HOT band.  And it was VERY weird for me to be at Louisville with out HOT band.  But the Louisville band is there and you can make fun of them with the other Bulls fans because they are HORRIBLE!!

I've seen UofL and UConn Live and the rest on TV...and I can honestly say that HOT Band is the best in the Conference.

GO BULLS!!!

Really? When were you in HOT? This upcoming season will be my third in a row. But I think you were a bit before my time. :P

I'll have to find some people to go to a non-band away game with. I can honestly say I've never seen another B-EAST conference marching band live. TV never does any band justice. I'm looking forward to making fun of opposing bands. :D

• Content Count:  2,726

Really? When were you in HOT? This upcoming season will be my third in a row. But I think you were a bit before my time. :P

I'll have to find some people to go to a non-band away game with. I can honestly say I've never seen another B-EAST conference marching band live. TV never does any band justice. I'm looking forward to making fun of opposing bands. :D

Um yea...I was in it from 02-04.  When I drove up to UofL, I had a couple of HOT members with me that wanted to do the same thing you want to do.  Its really a fun time to be a spectator for once.  lol Not to take anything away from being in the band though...

IMHO, they should send smaller versions of HOT to games like Louisville/Cincy/Rutgers.

The fans that are there could really use the inspiration.

This year @ UConn would have been great it a small pep band were there.  Hell, y'all probably would have been louder than UConn's band!!! They were mic'd

GO BULLS!!!

Um yea...I was in it from 02-04.  When I drove up to UofL, I had a couple of HOT members with me that wanted to do the same thing you want to do.  Its really a fun time to be a spectator for once.  lol Not to take anything away from being in the band though...

IMHO, they should send smaller versions of HOT to games like Louisville/Cincy/Rutgers.

The fans that are there could really use the inspiration.

This year @ UConn would have been great it a small pep band were there.  Hell, y'all probably would have been louder than UConn's band!!! They were mic'd

GO BULLS!!!

I would absolutely go if they sent a small contingent of us band members to any far away game. If they can only send us to one this year, I think it should be WVU. I really want to go to that game no matter what.

A friend of mine goes and lives near UConn, so if I go, I might stay with her.

To get to UL, did you drive? I'm assuming you flew to UConn.

Archived