• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How would you propose getting the comuity involved in USF BB mens an womens

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

Serious question... How would you get the community area to come out and watch games? We were able to get a good amount of people to the Forum - how? Is it the teams we play, the location, the promotion... what? Another question... what is our average general admission #'s? Looking at the second and third decks... ya think we could sell a promotions package (outside of the meal ticket) to get people in there. We have a too many open seats in decks 2, not to mention deck 3.

So what would you propose, if you could sit down with athletics to get more bodies in there... not Bulls fans, just bodies.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Find a way to sell lower bowl seats. 

I went to one game, although ticket window shows the seats they say they're sold out.  I had to buy seats behind and above the baskets with very few seats in front of us being used.

Around 3,000 fans and no decent seats available.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Men's - Win

Women's- Will never happen

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Find a way to sell lower bowl seats. 

I went to one game, although ticket window shows the seats they say they're sold out.  I had to buy seats behind and above the baskets with very few seats in front of us being used.

Around 3,000 fans and no decent seats available.

those seats are paid for. USF cant resell them.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

You asked.

I know they're paid for, grandfathered in years ago, season package, etc...

I'm not going to sit at the top of the dome and watch a losing team.  IF I could get seats down closer to the atmosphere of the game it might make a difference.

I've heard other schools make those tickets available when the season ticket holder won't be in the seats.

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's simple...make all of the upper level seats the same price and if a seat in the lower bowl isnt taken by the 10 minute mark of the first half, let people move down. If someone shows up late with a ticket for a seat the people sitting there will have to move.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Simple answer is win.  If the games become meaningful, when you are playing teams like UCONN, Georgetown, Note Dame, Louisville, Marquette, DePaul, Pittsburgh, Syracuse... you have a built in reason for coming out to see a BB game.  The key is that we have to win and the team needs to be playing in meaningful games.  It is no different than what happened in football.  Two years ago when we played WVU it was really just another football game.  This year we solkd out because we had a team thatb was making some noise and the game meant something in the grand scheme of things.

No one, outside of the die hard fans, really cares about a 1 win, conference bottom dwellar.  If that game last night was for a berth to MSG you can bet that another 3,000 or so fans would have easily showed up and the dome would have been rocking.  A game like that could probably have sold pretty well at he Forum. 

Archived