• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats to Mark Popek...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

...Normally I don't stump for the site or for Larry Blustein because, as my father told me when I was young, work speaks for itself.

However, after reading about Plant City offensive tackle Mark Popek committing to USF over the weekend I have to say something.

When Larry Blustein saw Mark Popek over the summer at the Down & Dirty camp, he walked away impressed by his 6-foot-7 frame, his demeanor and his willingness to learn. He decided to publish an "In the Huddle" on him to see what would happen.

Mark's dad got a hold of the article and sent it to everyone he could. As more coaches read about tackle, they requested film and soon Troy offered...then Vanderbilt offered...then South Florida offered...then Illinois offered....A Florida offer was always rumored to come but the numbers didn't allow it.

Nonetheless from no offers in the summer to four Division 1-A offers by the end of the fall and now he's going to play 20 miles from his home.

This isn't going to be a plug for anything FloridaFB.com. The only thing we did was run a little story on him when no one else did. It was Mark's hard work and perseverence that brought him this opportunity and in turn he made us look good. Thanks Mark and congratulations.

Labels: Recruiting

http://floridafb.blogspot.com/

• Content Count:  4,016

And there were more offers piling in by the day starting in January.  Apparently Auburn was ready to offer too before he committed to USF.

• Content Count:  4,642

this kid was a steal IMO

Archived