• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Lands One Of Nation's Top QBs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

The funny thing is that if Denson would have chosen UCF instead. we would be reading posts like "OLeary does it again" or"Four star player chooses UCF".

Im happy he is coming to USF n wether he gets to play QB or not the FACT is that he is a great athlete and many schools including UCF would have love to have gotten hi,.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

I'm assuming you meant to link to the OFFENSE if you were showing his competition at QB.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/sec/2004_Previews/Auburn_offense.htm

Now, according to that, Brandon Cox will be the backup.  Unfortunately for you, you're wrong again, as he was Class of 2002, not 2003 like Denson.  Plus, he was the 10th ranked QB of 2002 according to Insiders, an Insiders ranking a full 22 spots higher than Denson.

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&sFirstName=brandon&sLastName=cox&yr=2002

So let's see, a year MORE experience AND a higher overall national ranking... and yet Denson was supposed to unseat him?  In what world?

Thanks for doing all this research on Denson, though, it shows how much his coming to USF bugs the hell out of you.

Happens all the time that the higher ranked player does not win the job.  They are rankings coming out of high school. Cant measure a guys heart or determination or what good coaching will do for him.  How many years did former #1 prep qb Dan Kendra start at QB for FSU?  Tom Brady barely played at Michigan but has won two super bowl MVP's.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  43

The funny thing is that if Denson would have chosen UCF instead. we would be reading posts like "OLeary does it again" or"Four star player chooses UCF".

Im happy he is coming to USF n wether he gets to play QB or not the FACT is that he is a great athlete and many schools including UCF would have love to have gotten hi,.

I'd probably say he would be ok at CB.    He seems a little small for that position too.    I don't think he will ever be the QB at South Fla....JMHO.  I think he should of went D-1aa if he wants the chance to QB.   Not sure what he is looking at doing.  

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

And those posts would be spat on by USF guys saying he was too small, no arm, couldnt even get in QB rotation at Auburn, etc... Two way street.  Not like Auburn is QB U or even close to it.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  36

You see I said he was a great athlete and I would love him to be at UCF.  That is true, but he would not be a QB at UCF.  

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I guess being short really hurt Blackwell, or Joe Hamilton, or Seneca Wallace when they were in college.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Typical Knight ******** today.  I knew that I'd come to this board and see some partisanship from our UCF friends on the board.  If he had gone to UCF, they'd be touting him.  He's coming to USF, so he must suck of course.  You folks need to learn to be more than hacks, and maybe your opinions will actually count for something some day.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  43

I guess being short really hurt Blackwell, or Joe Hamilton, or Seneca Wallace when they were in college.

Hey, maybe he could be one of the exceptions to the rule.   The problem is he doesn't have the skills like Hamilton or other shorter QB's.   Moving Denson to defense like Auburn did isn't a good sign that he can compete at the D-1a level.   Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I don't think he will beat out your other QB's.   Maybe he is interested in playing Defense at South Fla?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

How do you know he doesnt have the skills? I saw this kid play in HS and he was a great passer n runner in a very talented team.He played against the best competition in dade.

Now i dont know what happened at Auburn but if you look at their roster they have some highly ranked QB's in their roster and this kid is not a pocket passer that they might be looking for.

Anyways as i stated the kid is extremely talented and i have a feeling youll see him on the field vs UCF in 2005 or 06. so well see.

But its definetely a great catch for the Bulls.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

The #8 QB in the country according to you. I guess he was also #8 qb at Auburn.

Actually he was never given a chance at QB, b/c the moment he stepped on campus he was talked into switching positions. It's one of the oldest big-school tricks in the books. This move also tell us that he is a team player, b/c despite Auburn going back on their promise he gave Auburn enough effort to win the starting cornerback job.

A more legitimate question would be where would Denson stack up if he was given a legitimate shot at playing QB? The fact that Auburn moved him to CB does not necessarily suggest that he can't be a great college QB.

Most SEC teams put their best players on defense and they probably saw his abilities better utilized as CB than at QB. You have to remember that Auburn is not a big passing team, so all they need is a QB to manage the offense, or in other words hand the ball off and complete the occasional 3rd and 3 pass to move the chains.

BTW, he was being recruited as QB by many teams including VPI, who incidently did pretty well with a very similar smaller ultra athletic QB.  Remember Michael Vick?One of the main reasons Denson reneged on his verbal was b/c there was no way he was going to ever win the starting job with Marcus Vick at Tech. That doesn't mean that he is not as talented as Vick but just the reality that sometimes you can't compete against a legacy.