• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF adds ANOTHER great QB!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

ET just maybe UCF was not going after him, have you considered that.  Other then that, it sounds like a great catch.  Don't be so happy though, look for your Lakeland kid to commit elsewhere.  QB is the one position where they keep track of each other.

Oh and just noticed that he is a three star QB, UCF got one of those a couple years ago, without BCS ties.  I also noticed that Miami was the only school he was high on, yet he turns them down. Stay tooned.

Maybe you weren't going after him because you had no shot ;)

Stay Tooned??  LOL... is that a disney reference?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

stkbitch.gif

LOL! ::knighted:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Stay Tooned??  LOL... is that a disney reference?

;D LOL

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

It is good to see that players are interested in committing to us so early.  STK can spin it any way he wants, but the truth is that the combination of hard work and a BCS conference is making us a more attractive school for student athletes.  Now we just need to work on our academic image, but since it is an image issue rather than a substantive problem, that will sort itself out in the next few years.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289
  • Days Won:  0

It is good to see that players are interested in committing to us so early.  STK can spin it any way he wants, but the truth is that the combination of hard work and a BCS conference is making us a more attractive school for student athletes.  Now we just need to work on our academic image, but since it is an image issue rather than a substantive problem, that will sort itself out in the next few years.

Good luck.  It's hard to get that party school image going.  But we finally achieved it at UCF.  Pass the beer bong.  Woohoo!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Good luck.  It's hard to get that party school image going.  But we finally achieved it at UCF.  Pass the beer bong.  Woohoo!

???

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Umm...FU and HalfA$$U are the party schools in FLA.  The rest of us have nothing on them.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

This is great.  I can't wait until we enter the BE!  But wait that means nothing....hey whichever gnat told me in another thread that the BCS means nothing, read Carlton Hill's comments!!!  I think we'll keep "the BE thing"!!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Just FYI.

8)

P.S.-

MavTechKnight2 wrote:

Well I didn't comment on this thread earlier because the last time I commented on a thread about a QB you guys seemed to have problems with it.  Now, I have read this thread a few times today and not until this evening did I see my reference in the first post.  So, now I feel I have to comment on this thread.

First off, this is a huge verbal for USF.  You guys seem to be getting many QB's to commit early.  Hopefully all will stick with their word.  As far as the BCS thing goes, all he said was you guys were going to the BE.  He never mentioned he wanted to play for a NC or anything.  He never said he would have gone to UCF if they were in a BCS conference.  So what is the big deal?  You guys got a good player.  Our recruiting is going just fine as well with a couple of huge players (TE and LB).  That was the part of the quote that wasn't included in the original post on this thread.  The quote was made as a comparison of USF v UCF verbals at a point in time prior to this signing.  Hill is obviously ranked higher than anyone UCF has a verbal for right now.

So, congrats and thanks for MAKING me post here.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

Been gone for a few days so I have to respond to this by UEI about getting a three star QB:

Wow, UCF got one once.  We've gotten like three in the past three months.  And, if I'm not mistaken, Denson is a 4 star.

First, Denson won't be a QB at USF, he will get a shot because he was promised, but the guy could not even break the top 5 at Auburn.  Now on to UEI's other moronic part of the post.

Daunte Culpepper was a Four or Five Star QB, Mr. Football in the State of Florida.

Brandon Sumner - Sumner graduated from Daytona Beach’s Mainland High School in 2000 … played for coach John Moronto … passed for 1,516 yards and 18 touchdowns as a senior, while rushing for 886 yards and 14 more touchdowns … combined for nearly 2,500 yards and another 28 touchdowns as a junior … earned honorable mention All-America honors from USA Today … rated the No. 10 quarterback and No. 38 prospect in the country by Tom Lemming … named to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Super Southern 100.

Pete Martinsen - Three Star QB

Steve Moffit - earned back-to-back all-state honors as a junior and senior ... rated 17th in the nation by both PrepStar Magazine and Rivals.com following his senior season ... made the USA Today honor roll as a sophomore after a 449-yard, four-touchdown performance against Apopka ... selected to play in the CaliFlorida Bowl, where he completed 14 passes ... named 2002 Team MVP ... named to the all-district, all-county and all-Central Florida teams following his junior and senior season ... rated the 25th best player in the state by Bill Buchalter and was also included as a member of the “Dandy Dozen.†... Rivals.com rated him the No. 8 at quarterback in the southeast

Now UEI, three of those four are on the team and two still have three years.  I think we have done quite well at QB.