• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF adds ANOTHER great QB!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Been gone for a few days so I have to respond to this by UEI about getting a three star QB:

Wow, UCF got one once.  We've gotten like three in the past three months.  And, if I'm not mistaken, Denson is a 4 star.

First, Denson won't be a QB at USF, he will get a shot because he was promised, but the guy could not even break the top 5 at Auburn.  Now on to UEI's other moronic part of the post.

Daunte Culpepper was a Four or Five Star QB, Mr. Football in the State of Florida.

Brandon Sumner - Sumner graduated from Daytona Beach’s Mainland High School in 2000 … played for coach John Moronto … passed for 1,516 yards and 18 touchdowns as a senior, while rushing for 886 yards and 14 more touchdowns … combined for nearly 2,500 yards and another 28 touchdowns as a junior … earned honorable mention All-America honors from USA Today … rated the No. 10 quarterback and No. 38 prospect in the country by Tom Lemming … named to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Super Southern 100.

Pete Martinsen - Three Star QB

Steve Moffit - earned back-to-back all-state honors as a junior and senior ... rated 17th in the nation by both PrepStar Magazine and Rivals.com following his senior season ... made the USA Today honor roll as a sophomore after a 449-yard, four-touchdown performance against Apopka ... selected to play in the CaliFlorida Bowl, where he completed 14 passes ... named 2002 Team MVP ... named to the all-district, all-county and all-Central Florida teams following his junior and senior season ... rated the 25th best player in the state by Bill Buchalter and was also included as a member of the “Dandy Dozen.†... Rivals.com rated him the No. 8 at quarterback in the southeast

Now UEI, three of those four are on the team and two still have three years.  I think we have done quite well at QB.

I think the point that STK is trying to make is that even though we get all these rated qb's, we could still suck like UCF. It IS a valid point and is a fate we can hopefully avoid ........

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  36

I think the point that STK is trying to make is that even though we get all these rated qb's, we could still suck like UCF. It IS a valid point and is a fate we can hopefully avoid ........

Could suck, USF does suck.

7-4 with three OT wins, one coming over a 1-11 team.

The problem with USF fans is they just don't know good football, so they think they have seen it.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Could suck, USF does suck.

7-4 with three OT wins, one coming over a 1-11 team.

The problem with USF fans is they just don't know good football, so they think they have seen it.

We may not know good football but we sure recognize bad football ..................

Ohio U   28

+ UCF     0

= Bad Football

Go back to the SAT and funding fights, you're on more solid ground there.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Man, I was at that game...It was horrible.

Yeah, that was bad football, but I've seen good football too.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Will Grothe stay committed with the Hill signing?

Haven't heard anything from him since Hill committed, but it seemed that he's ready for competition.

I BULLieve they both will sign as BULLS in Feb.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Carlton Hill

Played at Rickards High as a sophomore where he threw for 1500 yds and 9 TDs. Transferred to Jefferson Co. as a junior and threw for over 1627 yards and 21 TDs with just 3 picks. In addition to his passing prowess, Carlton also ran for 596 yards and 12 TDs last season.