• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Update on two of interest to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Just read an insiders interview with Liuget and he is going to tell the coaches of Miami , LSU and Illinois this Sunday where he will go but will not announce publicly till signing day.  His H.S. coach said he will most likely not stay local although he has a lot of interest in the CANES.  I expect it to be Illinois.

On Streeter, he most likely will not take a Miami visit as the CANES have 4 W/R commits and are only trying to get 2 C.B's.  Brandon Harris is looking more and more like a CANE and there are two guys, one on the West Coast and one in Miss. they are hard after, once they get one they are done recruiting.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Just read an insiders interview with Liuget and he is going to tell the coaches of Miami , LSU and Illinois this Sunday where he will go but will not announce publicly till signing day.  His H.S. coach said he will most likely not stay local although he has a lot of interest in the CANES.  I expect it to be Illinois.

Why is USF not listed?  Because he will be coming here and wants CJL to wait for the suprise on signing day?

• Content Count:  4,642

^^ hopefully!

• Content Count:  1,911

On Streeter, he most likely will not take a Miami visit as the CANES have 4 W/R commits and are only trying to get 2 C.B's.  Brandon Harris is looking more and more like a CANE and there are two guys, one on the West Coast and one in Miss. they are hard after, once they get one they are done recruiting.

Liuget is down to USF and Illinois. I wouldn't go to ESPN if you want USF recruiting information.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

From Miami Herald:

Hialeah defensive end Corey Liuget, an Illinois oral commit, said Monday night he also is considering UM and South Florida (LSU has made a push, too), but ``I don't know where I'm going.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/398919.html

• Content Count:  1,741

Streeter update:

Streeter is leaning toward taking the visit but says even if he decides not to visit Miami that he wouldn't go anywhere else over the weekend.

Why is it that he's not 100 percent sure he'll visit?

"I guess because I followed them so much, it's kind of like `What else is there to know about them?" he says.

Streeter says he would like to learn more about the academic side of UM, though, particularly in his planned major of communications.

"There's a lot I don't know about the academic program," he said. "I don't think I've ever been down to see the school, really."

Streeter took an official visit to South Florida this past weekend and said, "It went well."

He says he has no clear frontrunners right now.

Tay Odoms free article, but it's from 1/24:

This story originally published on SuperPrep.com

It's all about the environment 

Tay Odoms  By Mike Bakas

Posted Jan 24, 2008 

Tay Odoms is in the middle of the recruiting process. He's already taken three visits and now he has two more left. Scout.com caught up with the Pahokee, Fla. standout to talk about the latest.

"Everything's been good," Martavious Odoms said. "I've been chillin ever since the all-star game."

The All-Star he speaks of is the North/South Game, which was played in Lakeland back in late December. Odoms was the MVP of the game, thanks to an outstanding individual performance.

"It was fun," he said. "The competition was good, more of what we'll see in college. I just wish we would've won the game though."

Odoms, 5-foot-8 and 175 pounds, has already taken three recruiting trips and he has two more scheduled. His first trip went to Auburn.

"I went to Auburn with Tay Miller and Janoris Jenkins back in November," he said. "I liked that visit. There was a lot going on because of the game and everything. I liked the coaches and I like how balanced their offense is."

Odoms then went to South Florida on January 11. He talked about that visit.

"I went to USF by myself. I had fun there," he said. "Coach Leavitt has been recruiting me since my ninth grade year so he knew all about me. I enjoyed that trip."

Odoms and teammate Jatavious Miller took in West Virginia last weekend.

"It was very good," he said. "I got a chance to meet a lot of the players, sit down with the coaches. I like it there."

Next up is a visit to Miami, scheduled for this weekend.

"I'm going there by myself," he said. "I like how they run the same offense that we do here. I know I'll be successful in that. But I'll need to see what it's really like there on my visit this weekend."

Finally, Odoms will finish out the visit schedule by taking a trip to Michigan next weekend.

"I go there on the first," he said. "I don't know much about them because I've never been there. The coaches were recruiting me from West Virginia and then it carried over."

The talented receiver said he's not ready to name a favorite just yet. "It's hard to compare them since I haven't seen them all," he said. "The ones I've been to, I liked. I gotta see how these next two go."

Odoms knows exactly what he'll be looking for in a school and he talked about those things.

"It'll all come down to how comfortable I feel," he said. "When I surround myself with the players and coaches, I wanna feel comfortable, like a family. You gotta see how they are outside of football since that's so much of when you're there. I like being around positive people and that's what I want when I go off to college. Mainly, what everyone is like outside of football is the main thing. It's all about the environment away from football."

Inside the classroom, Odoms carries a 2.5 core GPA and is waiting on his ACT scores to come back. He scored a 15 the first time. http://tennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=7&p=2&c=722909

Largo's Johnson creating buzz

Largo's Leonard Johnson has visited Iowa State, Troy, USF and Ole Miss. This past weekend, he decided to take the SAT instead of another trip.

That means Johnson has a tough choice this week on which school to visit: West Virginia or Michigan.

"I need some time to think about this one," Johnson said. "I'll probably decide by Wednesday."

The Wolverines entered the race mostly due to recruiter Greg Frey, a former Clearwater standout who left West Virginia to join Rich Rodriguez's staff.

"I couldn't go wrong either way," Johnson said.

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/29/Sports/Pinellas__News_and_no.shtml

Frey is getting to be a real pain the ***

Thursday, January 31, 2008

U-M Pryor-ity is finding QB

Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News

With just more than seven months until college football season, no question looms larger for Michigan than who will be the quarterback in the fall.

When Ryan Mallett, a freshman who backed up Chad Henne last season, transferred to Arkansas, the Wolverines were left without experience -- or a established heir -- at the position.

Much hinges on the decision of Terrelle Pryor, the nation's top prospect.

Advertisement

Pryor is a dual-threat quarterback from Jeannette, Pa., who would fit the spread-style offense that new coach Rich Rodriguez will install.

The where-is-Pryor-going story seems to change daily. Recruits may sign binding letters of intent with universities starting Wednesday, and Pryor is expected to announce his choice during a live broadcast on ESPNU.

Recent reports indicated Pryor had narrowed his choices to Ohio State and Michigan. The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reported Tuesday that Pryor's position coach, Roy Hall, said he believes Pryor will wind up at Ohio State. But Wednesday afternoon, Pryor told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette he might delay his decision, because he would like to visit Oregon.

And while Pryor never has taken an official visit to Penn State, it's still on his list. He has visited Penn State unofficially several times.

Michigan's options

So what if Pryor decides to go somewhere other than Michigan?

Michigan has returning quarterbacks in David Cone and Nick Sheridan, and Steven Threet, a transfer from Georgia Tech.

Rodriguez and his staff also are recruiting B.J. Daniels, a senior at Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln, and Justin Feagin, a senior at Delray Beach (Fla.) American Heritage. Both are expected to make official visits to Michigan this weekend.

Daniels, the nation's eighth-ranked dual-threat quarterback, had limited his choices to Memphis and the University of South Florida, but Michigan has made a strong push in recent weeks. Quarterbacks coach Greg Frey has been communicating with Daniels and this week offered a scholarship. Feagin has visited Syracuse and Rutgers, and according to Rivals.com, he has been guaranteed by Rodriguez a shot at competing for the quarterback job. Some schools have projected Feagin to play in the defensive secondary.

No worries

Daniels told Scout.com in an interview this week he's not worried about Michigan's recruitment of Pryor and how that might affect his decision.

"Well, he is the No. 1 quarterback in the nation, (and) I think I'm the No. 8 as far as dual-threat quarterbacks are concerned," said Daniels, who is expected to meet with Rodriguez today before he heads to Ann Arbor. "Competition does not scare me at all, whether I'm playing football, basketball or even checkers. Competition is not something I'm worried about.

"But (Pryor) does play a bit of a factor. If he ends up going (to Michigan), good for him. If I end up going there, it won't matter. His decision won't affect what I do."

Daniels, who threw for 34 touchdowns and rushed for 11 as a senior, said he will make his decision Monday or Tuesday.

"He's been watching West Virginia over the years, and he sees what their offense is all about -- he sees the fit," Kyle Rice, Daniels' high school coach said, referring to Rodriguez's last head-coaching stop. "Michigan has got a great tradition and B.J. certainly understands their program is one of the best in the country.

"I think he is a very athletic guy who moves around a lot like Troy Smith did for Ohio State. I don't want to rank him as a Heisman candidate, but he brings that kind of game to the field. He has a great arm, he understands the passing game, and he's got a good grasp of football. He brings quite a bit of excitement."

Coach's 'gut feeling'

Still, Pryor is the coveted quarterback. Penn State coach Joe Paterno, who rarely visits recruits, paid Pryor a visit Tuesday. Rodriguez and Ohio State coach Jim Tressel will be at Pryor's basketball game Saturday night.

While Pryor might push back his decision so he can visit Oregon, Hall believes he knows where the standout recruit will land.

"A lot of things are telling me Ohio State," Hall told the Plain Dealer. "That's my gut feeling. In San Antonio (for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl a month ago), I was there and everyone he chose to hang out with were the kids from Ohio State and their parents."

During spring practice, however, Threet, Cone and Sheridan will have a chance to win over Rodriguez. Threet and Cone are drop-back passers, similar in style to Mallett, who felt "forced" out by Rodriguez's system.

Rodriguez has said he can mold the offense to his quarterback. Threet has a strong, accurate arm, and he was heavily recruited coming out of Adrian, Mich. Cone completed one pass last season and redshirted his freshman year. Sheridan did not play his first two seasons.

Tailback Carlos Brown also could be a possibility.

You can reach Angelique S. Chengelis at angelique.chengelis@detnews.com.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080131/SPORTS0201/801310344

Archived