• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cloverfield Discussion (spoilers inside)

Henry Jones Jr.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

It looked like something exploded from her stomach, Alien-style.

There was a huge viral campaign for this movie, starting about a year ago.  Every one of the main characters all have MySpace pages, none of which have logged in since 1-18-08.  In addition, Hud's page lists his height as 2'6" (after getting bitten in half maybe?).  There were videos sent from a girlfriend to her boyfriend, both of which were background characters in the party (the girlfriend was the chick passed out on the sofa).  There was an oil rig that was destroyed by something, maybe the monster.  Some believe that the monster followed the tanker to NYC, then it started kicking butt.

Rob went to work for a company that makes Slusho (a T-Shirt he was wearing under his jacket).  Their secret ingredient comes from the "depths of the sea"...

Did anyone else see something fall from the sky in the last frame?  It fell into the ocean by Coney Island.  Maybe the monster?

Also, if anyone stayed through the credits, there was a short radio transmission at the end.  It sounded really garbled, but here is something someone made:

http://cloverfieldmessage.ytmnd.com/

There's so much more to this movie than meets the eye.  Some believe that it will be tied into LOST (a show which I don't care about, nor will I ever care about), since JJ Abrams did this movie.

I'm a sucker for IMDB, so check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/faq

• Content Count:  5,903

I missed a lot of the stuff in the movie since I thought it was just the average run-of-the-mill monster movie. I plan on watching it again this weekend.

Also, you might want to check out www.1-18-08.com and there are some "news reports" on youtube of the oil rig falling apart.

I've heard two things: 1) the rig in the ocean "hit" the monsters sleeping area and woke him up and then he went ape **** on NY. And 2) that a satellite fell from the sky (seen on the Coney Island video) and woke him up. Since both are in the story/marketing, I have no idea which it is.

Yes sir, I am as confused about that as you are.

ANYONE ELSE?!?!

What did you think of the Monster? I thought it was pretty cool looking. It's got a pretty cool roar to it too.

It was definitely original, and not showing it in its entirety until the end was definitely a plus.  I liked how we only saw glimpses of it for the biggest part of the movie.  I also liked how they didn't focus too much on the little guys.  The CGI tends to look fake when you have long shots on stuff (i.e. I am Legend).

• Content Count:  500
  • Days Won:  0

Something did fall out of the sky in the last scene, it was part of a satalitte from the parent company of Slusho! The satalitte destroyed the companies drilling rig, which sank to the bottom of the ocean, which woke up the monster. According to J.J.

The radio transmission is garbaled because it is backwards, Abrams loves doing that, its kind of his signature, he did the same thing in Lost.

Im not sure of the "spiders" exploded out or not, she definetly did, 10 seconds before she is dead they say "we have another bite" and its a soldier and his insides are...out.

The oil tanker theory sounds good to me, and besides, its boring if the movie was set in Podunk Wisconsion.

Here are a list of things im glad the movie DIDNT do:

Give us all of the "answeres", who what why how.

Have the hollywood ending...did Rob and Beth survive? What is the fate of the monster (the transmission answers that).

Have the stupid, main charachter look dead but come back. The brother is killed early in the movie, I thought for sure he was going to come back and save the day.

• Content Count:  500
  • Days Won:  0

By the way, official Viral Tie-ins (that we know of)

1-18-08.com

slusho.jp

tagruato.jp

tidowave.jp

jamieandteddy.com  (password jilovesth)

Something did fall out of the sky in the last scene, it was part of a satalitte from the parent company of Slusho! The satalitte destroyed the companies drilling rig, which sank to the bottom of the ocean, which woke up the monster. According to J.J.

The radio transmission is garbaled because it is backwards, Abrams loves doing that, its kind of his signature, he did the same thing in Lost.

Im not sure of the "spiders" exploded out or not, she definetly did, 10 seconds before she is dead they say "we have another bite" and its a soldier and his insides are...out.

The oil tanker theory sounds good to me, and besides, its boring if the movie was set in Podunk Wisconsion.

Here are a list of things im glad the movie DIDNT do:

Give us all of the "answeres", who what why how.

Have the hollywood ending...did Rob and Beth survive? What is the fate of the monster (the transmission answers that).

Have the stupid, main charachter look dead but come back. The brother is killed early in the movie, I thought for sure he was going to come back and save the day.

Sequel.

Archived