• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Our ranking just got bumped up by adding 4 star QB, DeMarcus Smith away from L'Ville!!  And L'Ville be MAAADDD!!! 

Right now UCF would rank #3 in the Big East recruiting.

Source?

Are you talking about the QB signing or recruiting?  If recruiting...Go look up the recruit rankings! 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Our ranking just got bumped up by adding 4 star QB, DeMarcus Smith away from L'Ville!!  And L'Ville be MAAADDD!!! 

Right now UCF would rank #3 in the Big East recruiting.

Dare I say it .... Chalk up another moral victory for the Kaniggits.

That's a victory...hands down!  Almost getting the kid and almost getting a higher ranked recruiting class than half the Big East and USF would be moral victory.  Actually...it'd suck.  So it'd be a los...hands down!

God love ya, Goldie .... Only you, and a handful of your delusional, obsessed brethren, would consider this some sort of a quantifiable competition .....  :D

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639

I'm gonna put the over/under of players who don't qualify at least FOUR, and I'm going over. 

U_MAD_obama_The_Ultimate_Graffiti_Guide-s450x286-94948-535.jpg

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  579

you probably have more moral victories than any college team I can think of, so you beat us there  ;)

"We beat a 6-6 SEC team by 4 points, LOOK AT US! WE'RE DOWN HERE!"

hard_core_heavy_metal_midget-761053.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

You guys are a joke.

I don't care if UCF has a Top 40 recruiting class full of chicken little's - they still are much better than USF's.

And that's without a BCS affiliation.

No wonder you're doing whatever you can to keep us out.  Once we're in, there will be that much more disparity.

PS - fortunately for us, there's a bunch of great basketball talent that are chickensh!t and are coming to UCF because like Keith Clanton, they're afraid of playing at USF.  Can't handle the heat.  Such a high standard.

:D

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  579

You guys are a joke.

I don't care if UCF has a Top 40 recruiting class full of chicken little's - they still are much better than USF's.

And that's without a BCS affiliation.

No wonder you're doing whatever you can to keep us out.  Once we're in, there will be that much more disparity.

PS - fortunately for us, there's a bunch of great basketball talent that are chickensh!t and are coming to UCF because like Keith Clanton, they're afraid of playing at USF.  Can't handle the heat.  Such a high standard.

UCF-Y-U-No-GEt-OfF-USFs-DIck.jpg

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Congratulations on all the four star recruits.  Then again, you couldn't beat USF with the following NFL-caliber talent on your roster (all of whom played for UCF between 2005 and 2008):

• Torrell Troup
  • Josh Sitton
  • Mike Sims-Walker
  • Brandon Marshall
  • Kevin Smith
  • Matt Prater
  • Darcy Johnson
  • Joe Burnett
  • Atari Bigby
  • Paul Carrington
  • Alex Haynes
  • Mike Merritt

Did I miss anybody?

Congratulations on your recruiting class.  Hopefully one day they get to do against USF what 12 NFLers couldn't do... beat us.

Matt, you did miss one that I know of:  Asante Samuels.  I just wanted to add something to the shame they must feel. :D

• Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741

UCF coaches told Smith that their Q.B. this year will switch positions and according to Smith they talked and he is looking forward to the switch. 

UCF coaches told Smith that their Q.B. this year will switch positions and according to Smith they talked and he is looking forward to the switch. 

you're drinking the same kool aid as Louisville fans/ media trying to spin this. You think Godfrey who won 11 games as a true freshmen, one of the best passer efficiencies in D1, and beat an SEC team injured is going to voluntarily give up his starting job his sophomore year to an unproven guy from Kentucky when the whole reason JGod came to UCF was the opportunity to play QB?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRiN5w4o_3VY4-n7S-EazKVMNd7krD8ja6xCp1SqcYIgeXtVv4ng

On whether it could be a challenge to handle quarterback competition between Jeff Godfrey, Blake Bortles and Smith:

“Not really because you’re an ankle away, as we saw in the Liberty Bowl. [Godfrey was limited significantly by an ankle injury but played the entire the bowl game, leading UCF to a win.]

“I think you basically have competition. There’s a reason when DaMarcus was on campus, his host was Jeff Godfrey. They understand that you’re graded on your plays every day and you’re graded on practice habits every day and the job is to keep your job, which only makes you a better player. Jeff obviously has a leg because of his experience, but there’s great competition there.

“Players understand the coaches are very fair and makes sure we can play the best guys. The kids are talking about playing time and playing early when they come visit. The players tell them to be productive on the field and coach is very fair. He doesn’t play politics. It’s who can move the team.â€

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2011/02/ucf-coach-george-oleary-talks-about-newest-recruits-handling-quarterback-competition.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2Fcollege%2Fgoldenknightsnotepad+%28Knights+Notepad%29