• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Finishes 2008 OOC Schedule, adds Boston College

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

UCF has added BC as a 1-1 to replace Army, who dropped their BC game.  This replaces our Clemson game, which Clemson bought out of to schedule Alabama.

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/articles/2008/01/12/central_florida_to_be_on_08_bc_slate/

"Boston College has an agreement in principle to add Central Florida to its 2008 schedule. The Knights will replace Army. It would be a home game for the Eagles, who were originally scheduled to play at Army Sept. 13. BC is to visit Central Florida in 2011."

Looks like we came away clean on that one.  We visit Texas in 2011, so the home game is nice.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

so you will be 1-2 to start the year

We're going to lose to SCSU?  You're funny.

• Content Count:  711

I like this...except for having to wait 'till 2011 for the return game...but that's okay.  I've never been to Boston and the Sox are playing on that Friday...good chance to check out Fenway!  One of my stadiums on the my list to check out a game at...I'm not a Red Sox fan...but it's cool to check out historical venues like that!!  Lots of cool bars there and it's in September...should be nice weather!!

• Content Count:  580

so you will be 1-2 to start the year

Don't be so dense - this thread is an offspring of your "I thought you didn't do payday games" thread.

The ONLY non 1-1 or better (for us) we've scheduled since Tribble...scratch that, since O'Leary has been here is Texas.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Wasn't the Miami 2-1 done after oleary?  BC should be an interesting game.  Chestnut Hill is a nice area.  Go to Western Mass and see the foliage and scenery.

• Content Count:  580

Wasn't the Miami 2-1 done after oleary?  BC should be an interesting game.  Chestnut Hill is a nice area.  Go to Western Mass and see the foliage and scenery.

I believe, and I may be rewriting history, that the Miami deal was signed before O'Leary or immediately after he got here as a 2-1 and was re-negotiated to 1-1, as far as we know.  I'm not sure how that 3rd game was handled but the Sentinel has released a future schedule list and there are only 2 games against Miami.

As USF has already found out, and even FAU for that matter, it's not terribly hard to get a 1-1 nowadays if you're a Florida school. 

• Content Count:  3,574

If USF doesn't have a "home" game, I may go to this game with a USF shirt on.  The reactions should be interesting.

On a more serious note, you all should have a great time.  September is the best month to be up here.

If USF doesn't have a "home" game, I may go to this game with a USF shirt on.  The reactions should be interesting.

On a more serious note, you all should have a great time.  September is the best month to be up here.

Don't be THAT guy.  You know, the guy going to a Dolphins game against some AFC team wearing a Chicago Bears jersey.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

We're going to lose to SCSU?  You're funny.

that will be the onw win...

You will lose to BC and USF, and then miami in Oct

Archived