• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ron English CARDS new D.C.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/01/01/sports/FBC-Louisville-English.php

Michigan assistant English accepts Louisville offer

The Associated PressPublished: January 1, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla.: Ron English accepted Louisville's offer to be its defensive coordinator, the same job he had at Michigan, where incoming coach Rich Rodriguez fired all of Lloyd Carr's assistants.

"I called them last night and said I'd take the job," English told The Associated Press on Tuesday, the day the Wolverines beat Florida 41-35 in the Capital One Bowl. "I've appreciated my time at the University of Michigan, particularly the opportunity to work with coach Lloyd Carr, a man I love."

English agreed to a two-year contract with the Cardinals, who finished the season at 6-6.

On Nov. 19, Carr said he was retiring after the season, ending his 13-year stint as head coach and 28-year stay on the staff.

Rodriguez, who left West Virginia to succeed Carr, fired all of Michigan's assistants shortly after he was hired last month and has rehired only one coach: Fred Jackson, who will have a role on the offensive staff.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he  had no answer for app st

• Content Count:  4,738

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/01/01/sports/FBC-Louisville-English.php

Michigan assistant English accepts Louisville offer

The Associated PressPublished: January 1, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla.: Ron English accepted Louisville's offer to be its defensive coordinator, the same job he had at Michigan, where incoming coach Rich Rodriguez fired all of Lloyd Carr's assistants.

"I called them last night and said I'd take the job," English told The Associated Press on Tuesday, the day the Wolverines beat Florida 41-35 in the Capital One Bowl. "I've appreciated my time at the University of Michigan, particularly the opportunity to work with coach Lloyd Carr, a man I love."

English agreed to a two-year contract with the Cardinals, who finished the season at 6-6.

On Nov. 19, Carr said he was retiring after the season, ending his 13-year stint as head coach and 28-year stay on the staff.

Rodriguez, who left West Virginia to succeed Carr, fired all of Michigan's assistants shortly after he was hired last month and has rehired only one coach: Fred Jackson, who will have a role on the offensive staff.

Michigan had a good defense?

• Content Count:  403

You guys took the words out of my mouth... hasn't Michigan's defense sucked for a while now?

• Content Count:  4,738

You guys took the words out of my mouth... hasn't Michigan's defense sucked for a while now?

i guess allowing 40 points a game is better than 50

• Content Count:  260

i doubt he stay there long - he just needs a paycheck for the time being.  he'll bolt back to the big televen at the first opportunity.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

English can't stop the spread.  His record speaks for itself.  In the BEAST that is bad:

WVU, USF, UCONN(modified), Cinci

• Content Count:  1,204

I don't know if English can't stop the spread.  He's not the one who decided who to recruit in the end.  Lloyd Carr wanted to run a more traditional Michigan program and his assistants had to go with what Carr wanted.  I'm sure that Kragthorpe will want English to be more creative and I believe that Louisville will target more speed on defense.

I think it's a good hire for the Cardinals. 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I don't know if English can't stop the spread.  He's not the one who decided who to recruit in the end.  Lloyd Carr wanted to run a more traditional Michigan program and his assistants had to go with what Carr wanted.  I'm sure that Kragthorpe will want English to be more creative and I believe that Louisville will target more speed on defense.

I think it's a good hire for the Cardinals. 

I doubt that, but we'll see in about 3 years.

Archived