• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

offense needs to be

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I disagree that the offense needs to be revamped. I know smazza is not a fan of the spread, but it is the new offense that is in vogue.  Just take one look at what is going on in major college football.  Michigan just hired the father of the spread, Auburn just put it in and won a bowl game.  After the Auburn game last night they mentioned that more colleges will be going to the spread because that is what most high school teams are running so that is what the athletes understand and are taught from an early age.

While I don't agree that it needs to be revamped, i do agree that we need to step up in the recruiting.  I think that was quite evident yesterday.  We were able to use those 2 star and 3 star guys and coach them up to a pretty high level to get where we are are now.  In my opinion though, if we want to get to the next level and compete consistently on the NATIONAL level we will need bigger and stronger guys that come in ready to play instead of being projects.  This is especially true on the OL and DL.  We need true playmakers and difference makers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,392
  • Days Won:  10

grow up

mikeg- let me teach you something

athletic dept is happy i made the trip and will always be happy to take money from me and others

as for your pictures i always said your pictures are great but if you are taking them  with conditons attached than you can keep them

most of us want what is best for program without these hidden agendas

I have been observing the relationship between Steve and Mike.  It has become painfully obvious that the stated, public aggravation so adamently displayed is actually overcompensation for a latent attraction.  It is time you guys came to terms with this.  We all know that which you guys refuse to acknowlege. :-*

Really, it's cute. ;D

• Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  0

I personally am not a fan of Smazza... I think he's an *******... but at least he's an ******* that supports the program and knows a helluva lot about the program, and for that I respect him and this forum would not be the same without him here... frankly... it'd be a little less fun...

So Smazza... keep on being you... ;) If you were to change, it would certainly mark the end of the world! :o ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,392
  • Days Won:  10

I personally am not a fan of Smazza... I think he's an *******... but at least he's an ******* that supports the program and knows a helluva lot about the program, and for that I respect him and this forum would not be the same without him here... frankly... it'd be a little less fun...

So Smazza... keep on being you... ;) If you were to change, it would certainly mark the end of the world! :o ;D

Yeah, a lot like the sore in your mouth that you just can't help but aggravate even though it stings.

• Content Count:  21,109
  • Days Won:  39

I am totally ignoring whatever problem people may or may not have with smazza but seriously take a look at the offense and let me ask you this.  What changed after their three losses?  They got back to establishing the run right?  Well they totally abandoned the run yesterday and quickly at that.  This isn't the freaking Patriots or Green Bay Packers so I don't know how much success they are going to have at only passing the ball.  You have to at least have the threat of another player than the QB running the ball.

Also, I was watching some of these plays and I don't know why they insist on trying to get so many yards at once when they could scramble for 3 here, quick pass for 5 here to an open man and just nip away at them.  I am just saying if you are going to only pass (which is bad) at least try to use it like a running game.

It seems that sometimes we don't have any strategy for when the pressure is coming.  I guess that falls on the offensive coordinator?  I don't know enough about these things to really criticize the coaching but some of these offensive showings are embarrassing.  I know we have the talent there because how many times have we seen it?  Are they being used correctly?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it is crazy that we dont have a tight end or fullback yet grothe doesnt spread the ball to five receivers so usf doesnt get bang for their buck

it doesnt seem usf uses all players on offense

• Content Count:  743

As soon as I saw the direction the game was giong when Grothe had 30 or so passes early in the third quarter I knew it was over... I've seen what happens when we throw the ball 50 times. Cincy game should have been a good indicator of that.

• Content Count:  10,219

we need to not be predictable

we need to be balanced

we need a plan B and C, so when A does not work we can change quickly.

If we will see that next year then Gregory should stay if not can the sucker.

Archived