• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe's arm is weak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

It looks like a couple of guys missed their naptime today.  I agree, it is a fair criticism, and was clearly directed at only one element of Matt's arsenal.

thanks, good to know we have some literate individuals here... I think grothe has the intangibles. great feet, playmaking abilities, ridiculous escapability. But those things dont change the fac thtat his arm is weak. grothe is t agood QB its not like i want a change to be made at all...

how about his decision making?  why are we talking about the weak arm all day.  if i was a db i would lick my chops when he throws that lofty pass off his back foot. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

It looks like a couple of guys missed their naptime today.  I agree, it is a fair criticism, and was clearly directed at only one element of Matt's arsenal.

thanks, good to know we have some literate individuals here... I think grothe has the intangibles. great feet, playmaking abilities, ridiculous escapability. But those things dont change the fac thtat his arm is weak. grothe is t agood QB its not like i want a change to be made at all...

how about his decision making?  why are we talking about the weak arm all day.  if i was a db i would lick my chops when he throws that lofty pass off his back foot. 

ya those passes are poor decisions i think this is something he will really work on improving during the off season.

• Content Count:  1,297

stupid. im not blaming the loss on grothe. im just stating a fact, he has a weak arm.

Your posting is weak........I'm not blaming you or anything, I'm just stating a fact.  Oh and one thing I am ashamed of is all the fair weather fan horse sh@t I'm reading on this board.  Give me a freaking break.

be ashamed... you would say grothe has a strong arm im assuming? make your case....? lets hear it.

as for the fair weather fan comment. me criticisizing a player or a coach doesn't make me any more or less a fan. It a comment,,, and we both know its a legit one... thats why u coudnt defend his arm stregnth.

Why would you make a comment like that at this time.  Let's see, your mad and are trying to blame one of the only reasons why we are even playing in the Sun Bowl.  I don't know how many times I've seen this sophmore throw bombs down the field while avoiding a sack and throwing off his back foot.  So yeah, I'm saying to you right now....GROTHE'S ARM IS NOT WEAK.  And his desire and heart to compete is not weak.  It's a cheap shot you are taking at Grothe right now and it's crap.......freakin crap.

probly because grothe underthrew some wide open WRs... what game were u watching... we deserved to be in the sun bowl and i think grothe is a good player... his arm is just weak lol... you have trouble interpretating text... Where were the bombs with his feet PLANTED today? And i never questioned his heart and desire... if i did show me. Not a cheap shot. its called criticism. nexT!

So your going off a couple of plays in this game.  Hmmm....a game in which a running game was not established and the passing game in a sense had to be forced.  That makes Grothe's arm weak.  And again, why are you bringing this "criticism" up.....do you think that is the reason we lost the game.  Or did you just think that this was a good time to start a thread titled "Grothe's arm is weak".  There are much larger problems resulting in the team lossing this game.

But anyway, I guess we can agree to disagree on this one.  I just don't see the validity of your "criticism".  Don't you have dinner plans with your family where you won't be wearing your USF shirt now because you are embarrassed?

how can u continue to be ignorant. i already said that its not grothe's fault we lost the game... the fact that there was no running game has no bearing whatsoever on how far he throws the football. It is an issue because if some of those passwes could have been on target we'd be in a better situation (NOT SAYING WE WOULD HAVE WON THE GAME).

ILL SAY IT AGAIN IN CAPS SO U DONT JUST SKIM OVER IT... AGAIN... I BELIEVE IT WAS THE COACHES AND THE PLAYERS FAULT WE LOST THIS GAME. The coaches didnt prepare the team to play and the players didnt come to play. The defense let us down in a big way.

its clearly valid. did u DVR the game? u should rewatch it...

Again, one game......and his arm is weak.  I'm sorry, I watch every game, go to every home game, I've seen Grothe play.  Sure, his arm is not a rocket.......but it's far from weak.  So IMHO (AND I'LL USE CAPS AGAIN TOO, BECAUSE YOU CONTINUE TO IGNORANT AS WELL) YOUR CRITICISM OF GROTHE IS INVALID, UNFOUNDED, OUT OF TOUCH ETC ETC ETC.  AGAIN, IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  849

This is not new news, anyways the real team MVP is Walt Walker. Isn't it funny, that everygame he's missed we've lossed

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

You fools crack me up. Pat Julmiste had a strong arm, and look where we got back then. Lay off Grothe is all I am going to say.

\

usf should bring in a top juco jc and freshman and open up qb competition

grothe has regressed

usf should go to a pro style offense

the spread is a failure

in fairness to grothe

the offensive scheme allows opposing defense to sit back because usf doesnt run the ball

First, it was not Grothe's so called weak arm that got us beat today. We got beat because Oregon pushed us around. Made our WRs weak. Make our running game non-existant. Made our defense look like pansies. Anyone that wants to blame this game on Grothe is pretty lame.

the wideouts have been bad for years

another position that needs an immediate upgrade

• Content Count:  695

This is not new news, anyways the real team MVP is Walt Walker. Isn't it funny, that everygame he's missed we've lossed

The o-line has been the reason for our offensive struggles so Walter Walker being out may be a bigger part of that than many people realize.

where was selvie and the D fense?

selvie and dline where dominated by oregon's oline

it was ugly

a mugging

The o-line has been the reason for our offensive struggles so Walter Walker being out may be a bigger part of that than many people realize.

why is that

dont we have 15-20 olinmen

someone needed to step up

Archived