• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Hospitality in El Paso has been wonderful

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

So I got into El Paso and decided not to rent a car due to the fact that I am not 25 yet. (The rental companies charge an extra $30 fee a day for young drivers)

Yesterday I was walking from our hotel to the Stadium with gurlybull and Faza. We get about 1/4 of the way and a car pulls over. Ana (The Sun Bowl's Director's asst) asked us if we were stranded. We said we were just going to the stadium. She told us to get in and drove us there. This trip has been wonderful.

Cant wait for the game.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Actually...yes...well beyond my expectations.  All over town, it is evident the Sun Bowl is here....the locals have been participating in events and Sun Bowl officials are quick to ask how it's been.  One of the officials at the event last night asked me all kinds of questions about our experience in El Paso.  It's clear they take a lot of pride in the Sun Bowl.  I would say this has been the best of the 3...we need to cap it with a win.

• Content Count:  98

We went to the bullspen dinner last night and on the way back to hotel saw the lights on at the SunBowl so we decided to stop. While we were walking around the outside a little, the security officer came over and was realy cool. He allowed us in and we got to see them practicing the national anthem and finish painting the endzones and other preparations. I was shocked he let us into the stadium, but he was real nice like everyone has been. We have been here a week and have yet to find a person who didn't bend over backward to assist.

Best Bowl game I have been to as a USF fan. Other than the game ofcourse.

Go Bulls. Lets get em next year

• Content Count:  5,241

el paso is amazing...the game sucked but everything else has been awesome.

Camino real room 811 if your looking to party later. food now

I wish I didn.t eat the ice in Mexico.

• Content Count:  742

Agreed the people in El Paso were behind the Bulls. The events were great. To bad the team did not show.

• Content Count:  4,451

I wish I didn.t eat the ice in Mexico.

Ahhh it sux to be you.  I hope ur jokin'.  I had to buy amodium & Tums for the kiddies before the game but we didn't go to Mexico.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

i agree that the city and community definitely support the game but they need to do something to revitalize the downtown area..........no restaurants, no clubs, no stores.........if we go again we will be staying by the airport, downtown sucked.....half the buildings looked abandoned and homeless people everywhere.

• Content Count:  69

Old city but the people in El Paso that I encountered were friendly, helpful with places to see and do. The area is very supportive of the Sun Bowl and seem to love football. Stay in the airport area and agree that downtown could use facelift but it's the people that count to me.

It is hard to dress for the day. Cold int he morning, warm int he sun and drops quickly when the sun is setting.

Archived