• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Hospitality in El Paso has been wonderful

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  869
  • Days Won:  0

Missed thebullspen event, we had to retrieve folks from the airport.  Stayed in the Oregon team hotel, the Marriott, no issues with Oregon folks or the Team (holy crap big guys) - no issues. Oregon fans were nice.  El Paso is an older border town, we heard about an Ybor like section, didn't make it.  This bowl was definitely at a different level than the papajohns.com bowl.  Met a lot on nice local folks who went to the game.

The TSA screener this morning gave me a hard time (not really)  he saw the cowbell in the carry on bag.  "Hey is that a cowbell?"  Yep. "I am deaf from hearing that bell."  He then smiled.  Apparently he was a few rows down.  Never had issues with the host city, fans or anything.  Two of the group went to Mexico on foot and returned safely. 

Bumm deal about the ice.  Remember next trip, soda no ice.  Bottled water also.  I stayed in El Paso in case the two in Mexico needed bail money if they ran into the Federales.  Good trip, bum deal with the game. 

• Content Count:  1,266

i was by myself at Carlos and Mickey's after the game and I ended up eating dinner with some pretty cool and knowledgeable duck fans..they actually drove me to my hotel..in a way it felt like charity, but i didn't really care b/c it saved me a $15 cab ride

• Content Count:  5,241

I wish I didn.t eat the ice in Mexico.

That sux! I got a rum and coke with ice in the kentucky club, even thou i said no ice (no hables ingles there) so I downed it as fast as I could with no ill effects...

• Content Count:  318

Everyone my son and I ran into were great.  I thought the fan fest beat the pep rally in downtown Charlotte (we won't discus B'ham), nice set up and we really enjoyed the bands going at it.

I think it's apparent the folks in El Paso take a lot of pride in this game.  Granted, it's the only show in town, but they did a great job.  If it was a little easier and cheaper to get our there, I'd want to go again.

Archived