• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs University of South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

What ever happened to the schools initiative to market the school sports as USF versus South Florida?  When we launched the new logos and also when we went 1-A they said they wanted to be known as USF to rid the directional school issue and build a branding like USC, etc.

We never got there.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

What ever happened to the schools initiative to market the school sports as USF versus South Florida?  When we launched the new logos and also when we went 1-A they said they wanted to be known as USF to rid the directional school issue and build a branding like USC, etc.

We never got there.

good question

usc is quite a brand to emulate

• Content Count:  1,894

I SAY ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE...why go with usf. They mess it up everywhere and call us ucf. South florida is easy. South florida is what majority of them like to call us. Directional Shrectiomal. Who cares. Sucess on the field and exposure is all that matters.

• Content Count:  136

It's a long process... Can't change a brand overnight when most casual football fans probably didn't even really know who we were until this season...

I prefer to be referred to as USF personally...

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The announcers and pundits on ESPN call us USF now a lot more than they used to.  It is taking hold.  I see us being referred to as USF quite a bit and interchangeably with South Florida.

• Content Count:  17

I see us being referred to as USF quite a bit and interchangeably with South Florida.

I totally agree!

I know that USF/ESPN reps (Chris Lahey) pushed South Florida to the media for a while so I think there is a lot of left over confusion.

I have read in the past others did not like USF do to the confusion with the University of San Francisco (even the same colors), but really who are they? they don't even have a football team!

USF/South Florida is in the spot light now and now is the time to brand the University!

Pick it and run with it!

• Content Count:  958

I don't mind being called South Florida, as long as they are talking about us...

They refer to USC as Southern Cal all of the time...

• Content Count:  1,985

Just for the record, I am not against South Florida over USF necessarily, I was just wondering, it would have to start with graphics listing USF, not South Florida.  Also I do not hear much confusion of USF UCF, at least after this season.

• Content Count:  1,240

The only thing that bothers me is when on the score ticker it lists us as SFLA or SOFL or SOFLA etc. I dont care if they call us South Florida every time they say our name, but when they are listing scores just put USF.

Archived