• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

R. Smith vs Grothe

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

Can't BULLieve this is still going on  ::)

Name me the top 3 wins that Smith has QB'd.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Good gosh you all are debating with an FAU fan?  First smith is a decent QB, but he isn't near the overall talent of Grothe.  A slightly better passer, and is perfect for the system Schnelly and Nord run- for sure it would not be conducive to Matt's skill set.  With that being said two things stand out, Smith is not mobile at all, his delivery is a side-arm sling it gives him power but also makes certain throws difficult to impossible.  Overall as an athlete, gamer, QB Matt Grothe is better.  Sorry, but don't be a goofy FAU homer, Matt's two year stats blow away Smith's.  This year both will have similar overall stats after our bowl game but in a slightly different manner...Smith threw for 3500 yards but rushed for a negative -115 and 32 TD's, Matt has thrown for 2,600 and rushed for 850, before his bowl game, expect him to be in the neighborhood of 2,800 and 900 with 27 TD's overall.

I think Smith had a great year, and they're both RS-Sophs so we shall see how both progress.  Each are playing in a system tailormade for their skills.  I think Matt's system and his skills will and has allowed him to excel regardless of the competition because of his ability to run.  Smith on the other hand relies on many external sources to include competition level.  Take our game with them this year, Rusty throws 48 times for 23 completions and 259 yards and minus 8 rushing...Matt throws for an efficient 17-27 for 128, and rushes for another 130...kinda tells the tale of these two players and programs.

FAU is returning a good nucleus, 7 on defense and 10 on offense- JUST LIKE USF. ;D

Archived